• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantsy #15s and their current market values please

124 posts in this topic

And here I thought that tonight I'll venture into the Silver Age forum for a change and ... well, no change here. Same stupidity as in General.

Don't on the service after you ask for info from it. meh

:hail:

thankyou chronium, burntboy and jimjum for giving some REAL feedback. although jimjum, i think your estimates are a little on the high side... :foryou:

the rest of you:

i do follow auctions from time to time. and from them I feel as though i have a pretty good idea about the value of the books in question. but i thought i would ask in the forum to see other people opinions. i now wish i had not.

thankyou chronium, burntboy and jimjum for giving some REAL feedback. although jimjum, i think your estimates are a little on the high side... :foryou:

the rest of you:

i do follow auctions from time to time. and from them I feel as though i have a pretty good idea about the value of the books in question. but i thought i would ask in the forum to see other people opinions. i now wish i had not.

Actually, they were based on actual sales...except for 7.5. TonyTiger's 8.5 sold on comicconnect for $168 K and Clink sold a 9.4 for $ 225 K. The Clink result is probably still listed on the home page. The 8.5 may have been a lucky fluke but there have been more than1 9.4 breaking 200 K. I really do believe a 9.4 could fetch 300 K on the right site. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

an 8.5 sold for 185?? wow.

there were two 9.4s for over 200K in rapid succession, cementing its value ta around 225. But that was 2 years ago I think... and no 9.4 since. As I mused last week, if these copies have all found permanent homes, we may now be left to guess the value of a 9.4 just like we always do for the top copies of Action1. No sales to rely on leaves only speculation.

the rest of you:

I don't have a subscription either, and have asked for help before.

I find that people on the boards are extremely helpful and willing to help when you present yourself as interested in buying a specific book. People are always willing to help someone with a Grail purchase and/or help a fellow boardie avoid getting ripped off on a specific deal.

This was a case of asking for a lot of information all across the grading scale. Maybe that's why people were recommending you get your own subscription.

On a side note, if that data is correct that's awesome. I bought my AF about a year and 1/2 ago and it's almost doubled in value. (thumbs u

the rest of you:

I don't have a subscription either, and have asked for help before.

I find that people on the boards are extremely helpful and willing to help when you present yourself as interested in buying a specific book. People are always willing to help someone with a Grail purchase and/or help a fellow boardie avoid getting ripped off on a specific deal.

This was a case of asking for a lot of information all across the grading scale. Maybe that's why people were recommending you get your own subscription.

On a side note, if that data is correct that's awesome. I bought my AF about a year and 1/2 ago and it's almost doubled in value. (thumbs u

good point and i agree with you. thats why i come to the boards.

i liked that people suggest that i buy a subscription, i just didnt like the mention of my "bad attitude" and the "spooning on the help" comments...

each to their own i guess...

the rest of you:

Actually, they were based on actual sales...except for 7.5. TonyTiger's 8.5 sold on comicconnect for $168 K and Clink sold a 9.4 for $ 225 K. The Clink result is probably still listed on the home page. The 8.5 may have been a lucky fluke but there have been more than1 9.4 breaking 200 K. I really do believe a 9.4 could fetch 300 K on the right site. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u

If you know how much it should be, why do you bother asking other people's opinion? :tonofbricks:

you are such a scrooge dude :baiting:

it is a forum, right?

a place where we share information and opinions etc...

jeeze.

Sorry swapto, but it's just like anything else. It's just that we are getting tired of people coming on here asking for free information that most of us pay for. So it's just a bit more than irritating when what we look at as "freeloaders" coming on here asking for free information that others have to pay for. Especially when you're asking for prices at every stinking grade level. :sumo:

Sorry swapto, but it's just like anything else. It's just that we are getting tired of people coming on here asking for free information that most of us pay for. So it's just a bit more than irritating when what we look at as "freeloaders" coming on here asking for free information that others have to pay for.

i didn't want the info you are paying for. forget GPA. i would never dream of 'freeloading' from fellow board members.

what i was after was people's own opinions.. what you guys think etc.

forget about it...

youre in Australia..........

you could just call George Pantela and ask his opinion, hes an acknowleged comic market guru in Australia.

dont rely on these stingy cgc boardies

SPOKEN FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH. :hail:

you could just call George Pantela and ask his opinion, hes an acknowledged comic market guru in Australia.

great advice (thumbs u

i am always looking for comic book gurus here in the land of oz.

comics are not..... understood here.

you could just call George Pantela and ask his opinion, hes an acknowledged comic market guru in Australia.

great advice (thumbs u

i am always looking for comic book gurus here in the land of oz.

comics are not..... understood here.

:roflmao:

you could just call George Pantela and ask his opinion, hes an acknowleged comic market guru in Australia.

WAIT A MINUTE.

George Pantela is GPA.

And aren't you from Australia?

???

WAIT A MINUTE.

George Pantela is GPA.

And aren't you from Australia?

???

yes. ill give him a call. but like most of you said, why would he give me info for free when thousands are paying for it ???