• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The RAREST and most VALUABLE signature to possibly get on a Y THE LAST MAN #1

135 posts in this topic

WERE DONE HERE YOU CAN GAWK WHEN I SHOW THE BOOKS IN 3 WEEKS, AND YES THEY'LL BE THE MOST IMPORTANT AND REMARKABLE AUTHENTICATED CGC SS BOOKS EVER! LIKE I SAID NO DOUBT ABOUT IT OR YOU CAN TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG!

Why are you yelling at us? (shrug)

I think its beacuse this was intended to be a fun thread showing something pretty cool and then it got into another direction

Dude i think you need to relax your arguements are not making any sense at least Y: The Last Man has a helix on the cover which can be directly attributed to Dr. Watson, Neil Armstrong wouldn't be able to sign anything with a moon on it, he walked on it, he didn't discover it.

So scientific discoveries make someone eligible for SS signature authentication on comic books? IMO the whole thing's silly.

And you wouldn't be all self rightous if someone "guilted" Steve Ditko for an SS book, so i think your being hypocritical or at the very least envious

Not envious, seriously I wouldn't pay 1c extra for this comic because of this sig. I just don't see how the comic is enhanced by this signature, and in fact the signature IMO is 'devalued' by being on the comic more than if it were just on a napkin or menu from the restaurant and then authenticated by some other reputable signature authenticating service. That at least would have some real connection to Dr Watson ("he came to this restaurant every week ..."). I just don't get the comic book connection, so to me it's random.

The thing about guilting him didn't actually bother me so much until I saw his picture. Then it kinda hit home that this is an elderly gentleman who'd already said he didn't want to sign those comics, or at least 10 of them, and Chris had to use the hospital story to get him to do it. It made me feel bad and them seem greedy and manipulative. If you don't agree that's fine.

Who knew that getting a comic book signed could end up being a point of serious debate? Got to keep it all in perspective. Sean and Chris did an amazing job of getting a rare sig on a comic book and that's how you know they are doing amazing work. Whenever a witness accomplishes something cool, we should celebrate it, not pick it apart because the witness program benefits all of us. The witnesses do a lot of hard work for not a lot of pay, so please appreciate it. That's my 2c

I know guys these new users registered this year think that they know anything lol thats all they think these msg boards are for is putting people down when all i say is show me a more remarkable ss cgc book ok! and the books are in the pic on the bar look closely and theyll all be up when there slabbed,

jeez cant even make a fun topic without newbies chimming in there bs, and thanx arjuna for everything, and i cant have that dna book slabbed or authenticated why would i do it, i could have watson sign w/e i want and i still can and im not interested in it. you dont think i know this, ive seen people go nuts when they signed science books he wrote he did it right in front of me.

and i wasnt yelling i was just making it perfectly clear. and it was late last ight my bad for the caps but w/e this was for fun cuz it was so random. i thought this site was for comics?

Maybe it's your charming personality that has that effect on people. You said it yourself that Chris did not debate in a manner most enjoyed. In fact, it appeared to me, since I was not involved that he was rude and LOUD. How about not starting a thread saying how awesome you are and then getting defensive when someone challenges that assertion?

why challenge with what we are presenting? why not say something nice or nothing at all?

also i believe if you had armstrong sign a comic with an astronaut walking the moon that would be truly amazing, idk if its watson amazing but pretty dang close.

Mr Bill Keck your 2 cents was most appreciated thats all we were trying to do. Right. People go nuts when they get a Frank Miller or a Steve Ditko i believe Watson is on a whole other level. But its either jealousy or just they straight up with argue with anything.

Howdy folks,

First off I had no intention to be disrespectful to anyone in this thread.

I have been at work all day long, so that is why I have not responded yet.

There are happenings on these boards of much greater importance today, so I am once again not going to be disrespectful in light of what has happened today, and compose a response.

I will compose a response in a few days addressing some of the comments, but i feel it would be in bad form to do so today.

also I certainly believe that any younger person who is excited about Science as much as Nycomics (the younger one) seems to be is a very good thing in this day and age.

Guys there's alot on arguing on the boards.. Unnecessary arguing. Burry it, move on. Sean and Chris, I see your side of the argument. WE ALL LOVE COMICS !!! It's amazing how the industry has change, but our love for it continues on.

If your nice to one another, I'll buy you beer :)

But to answer the board question... Frank Miller is a tough one.

I will chime in just one time and remind everyone that there are those who don't even believe in having comics signed at all!

You better believe however, if I ever get to meet the guy that invented steroids that I would get him to sign a copy of Captain America or Ultimates since the Super Soldier Serum is a form of drug/steroid. That would be awesome on a number of levels.

oneasian your hilarious lol that would be awesome! maybe on the hulk also(maybe)

and just for the guilt thing it wasnt pressed onto watson at all and there was no begging involved whatsoever, he originally told my partner at work(the guy in the photo) that 10 items was to much to sign, he would gladly sign 2-3 books as i've seen him do it in the past with science fans and on books he wrote. when gus had his heart surgury(not from a heart attack) watson said weres gus? as i said hes in the hospital having heart surgury and i said nothing else i never even asked him to sign anything as i felt to shy or wasnt even sure if he'd laugh at me for having him sign comics.

then one day watsons friend told gus that watson felt bad denying him of the signing the books and that he would gladly sign whatever and however many books he wants to make him maybe have something to look forward to after the surgury, we then waited 2 monthes after that in which i brought the books from my house and a camera to my restaurant and had him do it. i didnt push watson to do anything he didnt wanna, he was very happy to do this favor and that why gus is getting 5 of the 10 books, cuz without him this would never of happened but it does just so happen i have dr watsons home phone number which i believe is funny and i got it from a member of a country club(who also comes to my restaurant) and they told me hes nice and would be flattered to sign comics he probably would see it as a compliment.

i personally never asked watson to sign anything i felt amazed to be in the presence of this man and just to be able to serve him at my workplace. and i also didnt mention this that we bought him lunch the day of the signing which was nothing but we just felt like we would do something since he did sign 10 books for free, out of the kindness in his heart.

and gus the other guy in the photo has a check from our restaurant that watson signed for him a few years back,it has exactly what he ate that day for lunch and also has a sketch on it of the double helix as he always draws it if he is signing it just so happened that he was signing 10 books and hes old and didnt wanna take 20 minutes to do all this work. but i would have hit the roof if he sketched on them as well, but as you can see im not disapointed at all. i cant wait to get them back and show em off the y the last man is truly amazing and thats what this topic was about idk how this got to this.

idk if its cgced but i remember a little while ago someone here posting a pic of a signed book by ditko it was not of spiderman, i believe it was cgc ss but i cant remember, it was on some like no name comic series that never made it that big therefore i dont see it being of that much value.

back to the guilting someone into signing something

if a cgc ss witness guilted ditko into signing a SPIDER-MAN book to get it authenticaed and graded that witness would be the MAN!

i really cant remember if its cgc'd, i think i remember seeing his name on the yellow label, i could be mistaken but i remember the post, i cant seem to find it, hopefully the poster chimes in here to clear it up. sorry if i mistaken but i dont think i am. it was def. not a spidey like i said.

oneasian your hilarious lol that would be awesome! maybe on the hulk also(maybe)

and just for the guilt thing it wasnt pressed onto watson at all and there was no begging involved whatsoever, he originally told my partner at work(the guy in the photo) that 10 items was to much to sign, he would gladly sign 2-3 books as i've seen him do it in the past with science fans and on books he wrote. when gus had his heart surgury(not from a heart attack) watson said weres gus? as i said hes in the hospital having heart surgury and i said nothing else i never even asked him to sign anything as i felt to shy or wasnt even sure if he'd laugh at me for having him sign comics.

then one day watsons friend told gus that watson felt bad denying him of the signing the books and that he would gladly sign whatever and however many books he wants to make him maybe have something to look forward to after the surgury, we then waited 2 monthes after that in which i brought the books from my house and a camera to my restaurant and had him do it. i didnt push watson to do anything he didnt wanna, he was very happy to do this favor and that why gus is getting 5 of the 10 books, cuz without him this would never of happened but it does just so happen i have dr watsons home phone number which i believe is funny and i got it from a member of a country club(who also comes to my restaurant) and they told me hes nice and would be flattered to sign comics he probably would see it as a compliment.

i personally never asked watson to sign anything i felt amazed to be in the presence of this man and just to be able to serve him at my workplace. and i also didnt mention this that we bought him lunch the day of the signing which was nothing but we just felt like we would do something since he did sign 10 books for free, out of the kindness in his heart.

and gus the other guy in the photo has a check from our restaurant that watson signed for him a few years back,it has exactly what he ate that day for lunch and also has a sketch on it of the double helix as he always draws it if he is signing it just so happened that he was signing 10 books and hes old and didnt wanna take 20 minutes to do all this work. but i would have hit the roof if he sketched on them as well, but as you can see im not disapointed at all. i cant wait to get them back and show em off the y the last man is truly amazing and thats what this topic was about idk how this got to this.

I am honestly not trying to be a nitpick or a , but is there any chance you could take an extra 20 seconds each post, and actually use capital letters and punctuation? I feel like I'm reading a text message each time you post.

You also might want slow down with the run-on sentences. If you did that, your posts would be much easier to read. Thanks! :wishluck:

Ya sure, this isnt on my top of my to do list sorry. i just get my point across quicker and could care less about this other stuff. its not like anyone of importance is reading anyway, sorry but when i write a letter to frazetta, stan or romita sr or anyone else then i take the time but not here.

and it would take way longer then 20 secs

idk if its cgced but i remember a little while ago someone here posting a pic of a signed book by ditko it was not of spiderman, i believe it was cgc ss but i cant remember, it was on some like no name comic series that never made it that big therefore i dont see it being of that much value.

back to the guilting someone into signing something

if a cgc ss witness guilted ditko into signing a SPIDER-MAN book to get it authenticaed and graded that witness would be the MAN!

Oh, yeah. That was me. It's Statik from Charlton in the 80's. And, no, it's not CGC'd.