• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Information about the auctions for Nik and his family

81 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post this in a new thread, so people could find it, without having to go through pages.

Originally, I thought I'd have a few items donated and I'd set up a thread in the marketplace to run the auctions, but the response has been overwhelming. VERY kind people, have been donating more than I ever expected...

I had asked GACollectibles to EMCEE the auction, .. but I see that there are just too many items to do it that way in one thread. I would be an impossible task to update and each item large or small, is VERY special and deserves it's own attention.

I spoke to Shin and we are going to use the VCC space. I'm going to be listing the auctions there, each item or set of items, if they belong together, in it's own thread, basically the same way the VCC charity auctions are set up.

I planned to start the auctions, around 7pm est, Tuesday, and run them until about 10pm EST Sunday night. I see now, I might have to split them and run some on Tuesday and another batch on Wednesday ending about 10pm on Monday night..

With the auctions listed this way, it will be too much for one or 2 people to monitor, so I would like a few volunteers to help me. If you think you can volunteer, please PM me and I'll assign you a small batch once I know what I have. 5

or 6 people would be enough, I don't want to have too many people, it will get to confusing. If you are going to volunteer, please make sure you will be available those days. It doesn't have to be full time, and some people can do days, and some nights, just let me know your preference, I can split the days, too. Please only volunteer if you really think you have the time. I know summertime is tough for people. I mostly need people to be around for the end of the auctions, which will be Sunday and Monday.

A few people have asked about what will be auctioned, so they can bid. I am going to do my best to start a test thread tomorrow, or Monday, I'm not home, so I can't do it till I get back. Feel free to hype the thread, and send a link to your friends. We really need people to bid...

Every donation, comes from someone's heart, I'm overwhelmed at all the thoughtfulness that has gone into each selection. If I haven't expressed that properly to each person, my apologies, I've been dealing with a lot of PMs and although I type fairly quickly, it's been hard to write as much as I wanted to...so, again, thank you!

Please don't be afraid to donate something smaller, we want everyone to be able to participate in the bidding, and of course not everyone can afford the big ticket things.

My cut off for donations, is going to be tomorrow night, at Midnight, EST. I won't turn anything down if it's later, but I may not be able to get it in this batch.

If you wish to donate. Please pm me, a description, scans front and back if possible or pictures, a start price if you have one. Any information about the item will help. I don't have access to GPA, so if you have a slabbed book and want to include GPA, I'd need that, too. Please remember shipping MUST be included with the donation.

One person wants to remain anonymous, if you also want to be anonymous, make sure you let me know before I set up the test thread.

I'm very sad that we are in a situation like this, but I'm very proud of all the community support.

Thank you, to everyone

oh, and plan to BID, please!

Sharon

Sharon, this is awesome news. The only suggestion I'd like to make is for any dealers who are members of this community to send out an email/newsletter to their mailing lists of clients, informing them of this great line-up of auctioned comics which have been donated for an important fund raising event.

Perhaps even CGC, GPA and other comic focused people could help to spread the word as well.

Sharon,

I just posted a note in general, over on the Comics Corral forum, as a lot

of cross the street members are here and there. I'll update things there daily

as your effort proceeds, with Hoss's permission ofcourse.

Thanks for your endeavour.

Phil

Hi Sharon,

I don't know how to send a image via PM so I'll post my donation here.

Minimum Bids as follows:

DD $100

Avengers $100

Spidey $75

X-books $50 each

Thank you, I'll upload them to photobucket when I get home. Those are wonderful!

Sharon,

I just posted a note in general, over on the Comics Corral forum, as a lot

of cross the street members are here and there. I'll update things there daily

as your effort proceeds, with Hoss's permission ofcourse.

Thanks for your endeavour.

Phil

Thanks, Phil for your efforts...GPA has kindly already offered. I just need to word out some of the details.

Hi Sharon,

I can help you with the auctions if you still need help.

I will work whenever you need the most help.

Best,

Chris

:bump: Let's keep this near the top of the page

I did not know Nik at all but I want to donate some books to the auction.

I hope everyone around here will do the same.

I sent you a PM with a link where you can download photos of the 23 raw bronze higher grade books I am donating. My donation pales in comparison to some of the other donations, but I guess every little bit helps.

I think every donation helps no matter the size. (thumbs u In fact the smaller donations might actually sell better because as Sharon mentioned while everyone wants to help out by buying, they simply do not have the means to do so on the larger ticket items.

So I will try and make some nice mini lots of BA Horror books people will hopefully scarf up.

Thanks to Sharon and Andrew for ALL their efforts.

Thank you to the people who volunteered to be auction monitors, I have enough people now. (worship)

I hope to have the test thread, up tomorrow AM, it's not going to be neat, but should give you an idea of the books that will be in the auctions. I have books to keep adding and it's going to be a work in progress.

Flee is working on a banner (worship)

I'm still going through PMs and adding books, PLEASE pm me, rather than post them on thread, I'm afraid I'll forget someone and these are all too nice to forget.

Oh yes, for anyone who doesn't know, there is a testing forum...(I sure didn't know for a long time;)

Auctions will start Tuesday at 7pm est.

One thread per auction, Vince...I'm splitting the stuff in the test forum now, the pictures are too big for mulitiple items in one thread. I already had too much per post, but I split them.

I hope to have it cleaned up by Tuesday, I'm working on it.

If I misunderstood you, pm me, my brain is not functioning as well as I'd like it to.