• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

san diego & todd mcfarlane

64 posts in this topic

Yes, my wife and I got to meet him yesterday, I was in the front of the line, I actually started the line for the morning signing, got to go around again to shake his hand, and if that weren't enough, he made a surprise appearance at the greet and meet..that guy Rocks!

Very cool, that must have been a great expierance.

Dude, it was the coolest thing I got out of SDCC, and yes, it was a great expierance, I also, finally, got to meet some people from the boards..that was awesome! The CGC people were VERY helpful...I only attended Th and Fr but, I enjjoyed my time there...

Could everyone please refrain from using big words unless they can spell them.
:roflmao:
:acclaim:

Spending a Saturday night correcting people's spelling errors, what a lonely life. It’s sad really.

Um... I do that for a living as an English teacher. What are you saying here? :sumo:

:baiting:

:jokealert:

Yes, my wife and I got to meet him yesterday, I was in the front of the line, I actually started the line for the morning signing, got to go around again to shake his hand, and if that weren't enough, he made a surprise appearance at the greet and meet..that guy Rocks!

nice , it must have been neat

:)

Spending a Saturday night correcting people's spelling errors, what a lonely life. It’s sad really.

Um... I do that for a living as an English teacher. What are you saying here? :sumo:

What you do for a living is an admirable profession; taking shoot's at people who misspell a word on the boards is just plain ridiculous.

What you do for a living is an admirable profession; taking shoot's at people who misspell a word on the boards is just plain ridiculous.

I'm in the education field also and it's a shame what I see these days. No one seems to believe that how you write tells a lot about the type of person you are. No one was taking shots at you, it was just a general FYI.

pic464646.jpg:baiting:

pic464646.jpg:baiting:

:roflmao::signfunny:

Ok... so my next post is going to continue to remain off topic but whatever. Anthony is shares a similar belief as I do that how one presents oneself in written communication speaks about the individual--intended or otherwise. I fight a losing battle with my students about this in their emails to me on a regular basis.

It's all well and good being on a leisure-related website, so a little relaxing of the rules I think is just fine. However, I think all of us have seen far too many instances of where there is little time taken to properly communicate one's thoughts and ideas and the result is diarrhea of the keyboard.

It's one thing not to sweat the small stuff, but when too much small stuff is in the way of understanding the original intent... time to pay closer attention to the details.

OK... soapbox rant is over. Back to preparing lesson plans for September and your regularly scheduled programming. :grin:

hey you know what. :censored: your spelling rules

Some people have english as a second language and I can't stand these arrogant people that go around pointing out mistakes with this air of self importance

Yes bad spelling is annoying but there is no point in putting someone down because of it

:signofftopic:rantrant