• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-subbing vs Re-holdering Questions

4 posts in this topic

When you re-sub a slabbed book, do you crack slab and inner sleeve and put comic in bag and board, or do you send comic in old slab, or just in the inner sleeve?

Also, for re-holder (for cracked slabs for example), does CGC re-grade? If so, how is this different than re-subbing (other than cheaper cost and sending in old slab)?

If you're hoping for a higher grade, sending the inner well with the old grade probably isn't a good idea.

As far as I know, they don't re-grade reholders.

When you re-sub a slabbed book, do you crack slab and inner sleeve and put comic in bag and board, or do you send comic in old slab, or just in the inner sleeve?I would suggest a mylar, imo its safer to ship

Also, for re-holder (for cracked slabs for example), does CGC re-grade? If so, how is this different than re-subbing (other than cheaper cost and sending in old slab) ?They reserve the right to regrade if they feel the need. I dont think they charge you if they do. I would imagine they would only do so if they suspect damage while slabbed.

When you re-sub a slabbed book, do you crack slab and inner sleeve and put comic in bag and board, or do you send comic in old slab, or just in the inner sleeve?

Send it in the slab. Graders don't get any information on the book whatsoever so the old grade won't affect their grading this time round. Plus let the experts crack it out of the slab, it's safer.

Also, for re-holder (for cracked slabs for example), does CGC re-grade? If so, how is this different than re-subbing (other than cheaper cost and sending in old slab)?

As has been mentioned, yeah sometimes they will do a cursory grade check.