• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Distributor's ink copies...

3 posts in this topic

Can we possibly get a definitive answer whether or not CGC downgrades for distributor's ink?.....I have heard yes and no from people over the last week or so....

It all depends on the severity, and I don't believe there is any hard-and-fast distributor ink rule.

If it's minor and light, it doesn't seem to affect the grade (though maybe it enforces a high-grade ceiling), while moderate and heavy ink is a defect, and does lower the CGC grade.

On another note, this whole "distributor defect" stuff is kind of flawed, as what's the real difference between distributor ink and those dents from the binding? Both happened pre-newstand.....

On another note, this whole "distributor defect" stuff is kind of flawed, as what's the real difference between distributor ink and those dents from the binding? Both happened pre-newstand.....

Right,..except the binding dents will definitely affect the grade...like on that second copy I posted....it's got a smoking front cover but binding impact dents on the back,......Yet I've seen old DC square bound Giants with wavy spine caused in production that don't really affect the grade....