• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More eBay changes...

37 posts in this topic

Nice. I like the change to this. Majority of online businesses have always been responsible up to the point to the item arrived in your hand be it if it never came or if it is damaged. Good job ebay, finally a wise decision

I heard Apple is working on an auction site for the iphone called i-auction.

Apple or Google could give ebay a huge challenge if they wanted to

High tech innovative companies that people love with billions in cash to spend

They might start an auction site just to launch a payment service to challenge paypal ..... the means to an end

Heritage's terms and conditions state that once an item is delivered to the shipper, they are no longer responsible for loss or damage. Basically, what they are saying is that they could put a comic book into a paper bag and mail it out, and any damage isn't their responsibility. Also, for the exorbitant $26.50 they charge for shipping, insurance is not included. I recommend that anyone who buys from them request insurance.

Hence my use of the word "institutionalized." Even Heritage isn't correct.

All (well, mostly :foryou: ) good, thoughtful points.

For high cost items it makes sense. I would always buy insurance whether or not the buyer opted out. My significant problem with the changes is to do with small cost items.

I am going to roll the cost of insurance into my listings, of course. With $50 of insurance at $1.75, if you are selling $10 retail items, this is almost 20%. There's also the unvoidable a 50%-100% overhead for shipping (depending on weight and zip code). I liked having the buyer decide whether or not he wanted to pay that $1.75.

With the changes, assuming I decide to insure these small money items, I will not be able to compete in the auction listing with someone who is not insuring their packages. And I'm not sure anyone looks deep enough to discover why.

Funny, with eBay (and Paypal) I thought it was up until the Seller shipped the item, not up until it arrived safely. If you showed a tracking # that showed it shipped, that's all you needed to worry about as a Seller. This states differently.

Also not true.

If the item is shipped, but never arrives, the seller will be held responsible. It is only if the item is shown as delivered that the seller is released of that particular responsibility.

Only if a signature is involved at the address that the item is shipped to.

I think a signature is only required with high-ticket items of $200 or more.

Yep - it's $250 & up that requires Signature Confirmation, but jc is otherwise correct.

For items below $250, all you need is the Delivery confirmation (which is included if you print postage through paypal.com).

Yep - it's $250 & up that requires Signature Confirmation, but jc is otherwise correct.

For items below $250, all you need is the Delivery confirmation (which is included if you print postage through paypal.com).

That explains how I got ripped off on some FF #2 and FF #3 slabs that I sent to France that were tracked and delivered but not signed for. Value = $400.

Never take shipping advice from somebody at the post office doh!

That explains how I got ripped off on some FF #2 and FF #3 slabs that I sent to France that were tracked and delivered but not signed for. Value = $400.

Never take shipping advice from somebody at the post office doh!

I like "never ship to France" better! :baiting:

Funny, with eBay (and Paypal) I thought it was up until the Seller shipped the item, not up until it arrived safely. If you showed a tracking # that showed it shipped, that's all you needed to worry about as a Seller. This states differently.

Also not true.

If the item is shipped, but never arrives, the seller will be held responsible. It is only if the item is shown as delivered that the seller is released of that particular responsibility.

Only if a signature is involved at the address that the item is shipped to.

True, if the transaction dollar amount is $250 or more.

Heritage's terms and conditions state that once an item is delivered to the shipper, they are no longer responsible for loss or damage. Basically, what they are saying is that they could put a comic book into a paper bag and mail it out, and any damage isn't their responsibility. Also, for the exorbitant $26.50 they charge for shipping, insurance is not included. I recommend that anyone who buys from them request insurance.

"Delivered" means delivered! Do you mean shipped?

Whatever, I'm sure Heritage don't think that their responsibility ends at shipping. Or if they do, they are sorely mistaken!

I meant delivered to the shipper, as in dropped off at the Post Office, Fedex, etc...

And yes, they do think that. Check their terms and conditions. It is clearly stated as such. They seem to think they can slap a delivery confirmation tag on an item and that covers them completely...problem is that delivery confirmed items get dropped off just about anywhere.

"Delivered" means delivered! Do you mean shipped?

Whatever, I'm sure Heritage don't think that their responsibility ends at shipping. Or if they do, they are sorely mistaken!

I meant delivered to the shipper, as in dropped off at the Post Office, Fedex, etc...

And yes, they do think that. Check their terms and conditions. It is clearly stated as such. They seem to think they can slap a delivery confirmation tag on an item and that covers them completely...problem is that delivery confirmed items get dropped off just about anywhere.

Like I said, institutionalized...and most folks don't know enough to know that it's a lie, and so don't fight it.

...how do we feel about this one...

Optional buyer charges for shipping insurance removed: The insurance option creates the perception that buyers need to purchase shipping insurance as a protection on eBay, an experience they're not accustomed to on other ecommerce sites. In fact, sellers have always been responsible for their items until they arrive safely in their customers' hands. That's why shipping insurance will no longer be included in the purchase flow as either an option or requirement for buyers.

Of course you can choose to purchase insurance on shipments, but not ask buyers to buy insurance separately. In some categories like Antiques, Collectibles, and Jewelry, shipping insurance for sellers is essential. When appropriate, you can include the cost of insurance in your item or shipping price.

Seriously...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

That is the biggest pile of bu...

I w..............

:frustrated:

Ebay is truly trying to drive out all of us little guys aren't they? Free Media Mail shipping (when Media isn't actually legal for comics) and now this................

I won't be able to afford to sell on eBay much longer, that's for sure.

-slym