• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 10 DC COVERS.....Nominations for a poll

204 posts in this topic

If you like whimsical covers, you need to see the Peter Panda run, some very insane covers there.

I really, really think the only way you can do this poll justice is to do it by categories:

War

SCI-FI

Hero

Non Hero

As I said previously, war itself has easily 10 awesome covers that the war guys would debate endlessly. GI Combat had 30 greytones in a row? 10 of those thirty are probably classics in their own rights.

And we havent really seen anyone chime in on some of the best Strange Adveneture and MIS covers. Inaflash could post 10 covers easily that could make us drool.

Non hero. You guys have seen the cool greytones in Rex, Tomahawk, and some of the colorful covers in the late silver age romance etc.

So anyways, I just think you can't lump those ll in one category.

Just my 2c

It's interesting that this is completely the reverse from my opinions of GA covers. There would be ZERO Timely covers in my favorites list, because I hated the Timely house style, whereas I loved DC's dramatic, uncluttered GA covers. Somewhere along the line, maybe with the popularization of word balloons on covers, DC turned down the volume on their covers, while Marvel uncluttered their covers and really made them pop.

Zero? :o I'm sure there would be a couple covers worthy of note. hm MMC#5, #32, maybe just one Cap, All Select #1?

If you like whimsical covers, you need to see the Peter Panda run, some very insane covers there.

I really, really think the only way you can do this poll justice is to do it by categories:

War

SCI-FI

Hero

Non Hero

As I said previously, war itself has easily 10 awesome covers that the war guys would debate endlessly. GI Combat had 30 greytones in a row? 10 of those thirty are probably classics in their own rights.

And we havent really seen anyone chime in on some of the best Strange Adveneture and MIS covers. Inaflash could post 10 covers easily that could make us drool.

Non hero. You guys have seen the cool greytones in Rex, Tomahawk, and some of the colorful covers in the late silver age romance etc.

So anyways, I just think you can't lump those ll in one category.

Just my 2c

Had to look back to see who started this thread. Anyone heard from Jimjum recently?

I agree on separate polls, although I think the war one was done not too long ago.