• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny stuff

22 posts in this topic

Ha Ha

I was looking at a comic for sale on Ebay and it did not have a grade assigned. I went through Ebay's "ask the seller a question" thingy, and asked what grade the book is.

His reply via email:

"its nm

9.0-10.0

im not a grader

just a 19 year comic shop owner"

So what grade do you think this brand new, issued this week, comic book is? 9.2?

Ha Ha

I was looking at a comic for sale on Ebay and it did not have a grade assigned. I went through Ebay's "ask the seller a question" thingy, and asked what grade the book is.

His reply via email:

"its nm

9.0-10.0

im not a grader

So what grade do you think this brand new, issued this week, comic book is? 9.2?

Close enough..................no! lol

DRX

Ha Ha

His reply via email:

"its nm

9.0-10.0

im not a grader

Do you have the username, as there is a seller on eBay that pretty much always lists his book conditions that way.

That's a very broad grade! lol

Is that the comic equivalent of a mechanic telling the wife she needs a new carburetor but reconsidering that assessment and suggesting a mere oil change when the husband walks in?

Is that the comic equivalent of a mechanic telling the wife she needs a new carburetor but reconsidering that assessment and suggesting a mere oil change when the husband walks in?

Pretty much.

Funny story, my boyfriend is a mechanic, so other mechanics can't pull a fast one on me since I know when they're lying to me and all.

Pretty much.

Funny story, my boyfriend is a mechanic, so other mechanics can't pull a fast one on me since I know when they're lying to me and all.

So you know how much they should charge to put a bucket of steam in the framastat???... hm

Must not make "broad" joke to Lauren...must NOT make "broad" joke to Lauren...biting tongue....

meh

That was pretty weak.

Not terrible....but, I hold you to a higher standard.

Must not make "broad" joke to Lauren...must NOT make "broad" joke to Lauren...biting tongue....

One can make broad generalizations, just not generalizations about broads.

(thumbs u

-slym