• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Nice find Boboset! Now you just need some ectoplasm that hasn't hardened and you're set for a fun rainy day. :applause:

lol

:o It is missing the ectoplasm! Must... Find...

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I also got this too. The arcade 'cabinet' is in perfect shape, the box not so much. It works great, but oh lordy is this game terrible, and this is coming from someone who loves Tiger handheld games.

DSCN0993_zps91c3a930.jpg

I had that game when I was a kid :cloud9:

Do Kijiji ads count for this thread?

If yes, I snagged a small Modern collection of mostly Marvel, but some DC (New 52 Batman #1-8 and Justice League #1-8), and two Image books (Saga #1 2nd and Manhattan Projects #1 3rd) today. There are 4 long and 1 ahoer boxes of mostly Spidey and X-Men associated titles from the past 20 years, with some mid to late 80s Amazings and Uncannys as well. The total for all of the books was $300.

Flea market score (I think), bear with me through the narrative.

On Saturday I went to a local flea market that had advertised they were running a comic show from 10-4. There were supposed to be 80 comic vendors inside, got there at about 10am and found 10 comic vendors instead of 80, but at least admission was free. Tons of beat up silver comics present, Bats 121 in horrendous condition priced at $140, lots of hot moderns priced over what you can get them for on Ebay and long box after long box of 90's drek. But I did stumble across a YTLM 9.4 with a price tag of $50 and the same vendor also had a Batman The Killing Joke 1st print NM+ for $20. The entire time I was looking through his long boxes he stressed that the books would be discounted. I finish my search (passing over at least 2 complete sets of the Dark Knight Returns that looked fantastic but I only brought $100 with me) and hand him the books for purchase. He looks over the YTLM and Batman TKJ and tells me $40 total. Sorry no pics as photobucket is being stupid. But here is a link to the YTLM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-The-Last-Man-1-CGC-9-4-Vaughn-Saga-/111052294653?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19db3b89fd

On Saturday I went to a local flea market that had advertised they were running a comic show from 10-4. There were supposed to be 80 comic vendors inside, got there at about 10am and found 10 comic vendors instead of 80, but at least admission was free. Tons of beat up silver comics present, Bats 121 in horrendous condition priced at $140, lots of hot moderns priced over what you can get them for on Ebay and long box after long box of 90's drek. But I did stumble across a YTLM 9.4 with a price tag of $50 and the same vendor also had a Batman The Killing Joke 1st print NM+ for $20. The entire time I was looking through his long boxes he stressed that the books would be discounted. I finish my search (passing over at least 2 complete sets of the Dark Knight Returns that looked fantastic but I only brought $100 with me) and hand him the books for purchase. He looks over the YTLM and Batman TKJ and tells me $40 total. Sorry no pics as photobucket is being stupid. But here is a link to the YTLM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-The-Last-Man-1-CGC-9-4-Vaughn-Saga-/111052294653?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19db3b89fd

It was already graded?

Hey other Dave -

Did this combination flea market/comic show happen to be in northern-ish Illinois?

-- dave

:banana:

Everything's complete and only Winston has damage to his proton pack. I think you can tell by my avatar image that I'm pretty excited by this find.

DSCN0953_zpsab2c071d.jpg

was that the firehouse that you poured the "goo" down through the top? i had that one

cfd.jpg

I actually found 6 more after digging through some more boxes. I left 3 because they were destroyed.

They were the counterfeit versions, but I bought them all just to get them off the market so as not to be confused by some unknowing soul down the line.

Counterfeit Dawns? What's the tip-off that they're not on the up-and-up?

Hey other Dave -

Did this combination flea market/comic show happen to be in northern-ish Illinois?

-- dave

It was, at the Wolf Flea Market in Palatine. They've been advertising this as Mighty-con for the last 8 months or so. I went to the first Mighty-con in August of 2012, and I think the number of vendors was the same.

It was already graded?

It sure was, I couldn't believe he only wanted $50 sticker price.

It was already graded?

It sure was, I couldn't believe he only wanted $50 sticker price.

Suweet! Great score.

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

It was, at the Wolf Flea Market in Palatine. They've been advertising this as Mighty-con for the last 8 months or so. I went to the first Mighty-con in August of 2012, and I think the number of vendors was the same.

I was there, too. I think I've been to every Mighty Con so far. It's nice in that you get vendors together in the same place, but usually the same vendors every time it runs. The FREE price was very nice, though.

Somehow I missed that YTLM - nice grab. I don't remember picking up much, but a couple good buys.

-- dave

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

I was there, too. I think I've been to every Mighty Con so far. It's nice in that you get vendors together in the same place, but usually the same vendors every time it runs. The FREE price was very nice, though.

Somehow I missed that YTLM - nice grab. I don't remember picking up much, but a couple good buys.

-- dave

I got 4 issues of Sixth Gun at cover, if that counts as a score.

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

-- dave

Depends on which ones...

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

-- dave

Depends on which ones...

9, 12, 14, 19 I also bought issue 2 for $12, probably a VF copy -NM at best.

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

-- dave

Depends on which ones...

Yes, I saw that #2 sitting there. Wasn't sure if I wanted it or not in that condition - would just be for flipping. I also put back a couple Peter Panzer #2 b/c of condition. Was that the booth the YLTM was at?

I picked up a couple Teen Titans #44, a DC Comics Present #26, a Jimmy Olsen #134, a New Mutants Annual #2 for a quarter...can't think of what else right now.

-- dave

Hey other Dave -

-- dave

-- dave

Depends on which ones...

Yes, I saw that #2 sitting there. Wasn't sure if I wanted it or not in that condition - would just be for flipping. I also put back a couple Peter Panzer #2 b/c of condition. Was that the booth the YLTM was at?

I picked up a couple Teen Titans #44, a DC Comics Present #26, a Jimmy Olsen #134, a New Mutants Annual #2 for a quarter...can't think of what else right now.

-- dave

No, the booth with the YTLM was 2 aisles to the east. The booth with the Sixth Gun's also had lots of hot moderns well over ebay prices, GPA and the moon. I remember a raw WD with a $300 tag, the back looked like a road map with all the CB creases. They had some raw YTLM 2-7 but I was afraid to ask how much. One dealer had a nice box of moderns but they were all mixed together. This box was set for display, everything was priced, but when I went to look through them the dealer also started pawing through them too. This was after he pointed the box out.

cfd.jpg

I actually found 6 more after digging through some more boxes. I left 3 because they were destroyed.

They were the counterfeit versions, but I bought them all just to get them off the market so as not to be confused by some unknowing soul down the line.

Counterfeit Dawns? What's the tip-off that they're not on the up-and-up?

If you look close at the printing in the cloud section under CRY FOR you can see a checkerboard pattern from the sub-standard printing.Pretty obvious if you know what to look for.