• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could pick any three LATE sixties marvel covers....

late 60s marvel cover keepers  

132 members have voted

1. 1. late 60s marvel cover keepers

56 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man King-Size Special #4 would be my first pick.

It's the first comic I ever bought - plucked from the spinner-rack at Brow's Drug Store in Fall River, MA in the 'Summer of Love'. :0

I hate Fall River.

I strongly disagree. Kirby got better and better with time. And the late 60s were his best stuff!

You're right, I'd say mid 60s not early 60s, but we're splitting hairs here :) It all kicked spoon!

It's the first comic I ever bought - plucked from the spinner-rack at Brow's Drug Store in Fall River, MA in the 'Summer of Love'. :0

I hate Fall River.

Yeah, it's a burnt out old mill town with very high crime and high unemployment. But it 'was' the first place that I ever bought a comic book.

Back in the 60s it was a Saturday afternoon ritual for my dad to drive my brothers and I from our home in Tiverton to that drug store so we could spend our 75 cent allowance. Once we got there it was just a matter of figuring out the candy to comics ratio. :)

Years later when I found out they were going out of business, I went back and bought the spinner-rack from the owner.

I hate Fall River.

Yeah, it's a burnt out old mill town with very high crime and high unemployment. But it 'was' the first place that I ever bought a comic book.

Back in the 60s it was a Saturday afternoon ritual for my dad to drive my brothers and I from our home in Tiverton to that drug store so we could spend our 75 cent allowance. Once we got there it was just a matter of figuring out the candy to comics ratio. :)

Years later when I found out they were going out of business, I went back and bought the spinner-rack from the owner.

I know all about the high crime in fall river..between my car being broken into then my apartment 3 years later...I said see ya!