• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Copper Age collectors, is MIRACLEMAN a good investment?

64 posts in this topic

Michael, your resourcefulness never ceases to amaze. Very impressive and only 2nd time I've seen pictures of a copy. Such a high grade one too.

So not only are you no.1 in the registry, you've now beaten me to a 2D. :(;)

Please tell us how you came to acquire it?

And does "not for sale" mean "for sale really, but for $$$$" ???hm You know I have deep pockets.

That makes it 6 known copies now, though only two confirmed with numbers.

1. ebay 2002 copy (verfied by me and another independant boardie)

2. The MSU copy (probably not a 2D)

3. The UK copy 92/100

4. Al Stoltz's copy

5. The "ladines" copy

6. Mschmidt's copy 19/100

Thanks, Ewan!

I can't go into the specifics of how I aquired this, but it came from the original owner who purchased it directly from Eclipse - this wasn't a dollar-box find by any means, but I paid a price I was perfectly happy with.

It's not for sale (really) - as this thread perfectly illustrates, it's one of those (few) true comic book rarities that are pretty much impossible to replace.

Thanks, Ewan!

I can't go into the specifics of how I aquired this, but it came from the original owner who purchased it directly from Eclipse - this wasn't a dollar-box find by any means, but I paid a price I was perfectly happy with.

It's not for sale (really) - as this thread perfectly illustrates, it's one of those (few) true comic book rarities that are pretty much impossible to replace.

You're welcome. (thumbs u I have to admit I somewhat jealous - as one of probably the Top 5 MM collectors out there I always thought I'd find one... (though I guess I still could, still 96 copies to find! :banana: ) - most of the copies above I've made substantial ($1,000+) offers on... it wasn't the recent copy annouced here was it?

I just love the fact that it's such a nice copy too - and love the bone white pages. I guess it's gradable? Would CGC know what they were dealing with?

Anyway, all respect and thanks for letting us see it.

Don't worry, Ewan. You'll get your copy one of these days. I'm sure of it.

I guess it's gradable? Would CGC know what they were dealing with?

I think they would. I would still note it on the submission form. A few weeks ago in B'more I asked Al if he had his copy (I ask him everytime I see him). He didn't though. He did say that he planned on having all his 3D/2D books graded at some point and then he would bring them to the cons to show off.

One problem with the slabbing though is, naturally, you can't see the interior.

I'm pretty positive though that Al would make sure his book got noted as such. I know I would.

Do any of the artists on Miracleman go to comic-cons?

Since Alan Moore doesn't do comic-cons,I would at least want the artists to sign my Miracleman comics.

Alan Moore stopped doing cons after UKCAC 1986. He was pinned to the wall for 3 hours signing Swamp Thing's. I saw it happen!

Neil Gaiman, Mark Buckingham & Dave McKean all appear regularly and there are probably 20 or so sig series books available now.

Garry Leach does them. As does Alan Davis, but he won't sign MM books.

I don't know about the US artists, John Totleben, Chuck Austin, Rick Veitch etc.

I'd love to see some no.1-16 & no.23 & 24 sig series books.

I do have one Alan Moore signed Miracleman collectible, this super rare fanzine...

fantasyexpressalanmoore.jpg

Do any of the artists on Miracleman go to comic-cons?

Since Alan Moore doesn't do comic-cons,I would at least want the artists to sign my Miracleman comics.

Alan Moore stopped doing cons after UKCAC 1986. He was pinned to the wall for 3 hours signing Swamp Thing's. I saw it happen!

Neil Gaiman, Mark Buckingham & Dave McKean all appear regularly and there are probably 20 or so sig series books available now.

Garry Leach does them. As does Alan Davis, but he won't sign MM books.

I don't know about the US artists, John Totleben, Chuck Austin, Rick Veitch etc.

I'd love to see some no.1-16 & no.23 & 24 sig series books.

I do have one Alan Moore signed Miracleman collectible, this super rare fanzine...

fantasyexpressalanmoore.jpg

I can see why Alan Moore doesn't do cons anymore,Being pinned to the wall signing nothing but Swamp Thing for 3 hours can make someone go nuts :ohnoez: I find it sad that Alan Davis doesn't sign MM books :( I really want to start a MM signature series.