• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta announcement and BIG Congratulations to Spider9698

25 posts in this topic

I see this was posted on the news section on CAF and hasn't been announced here :

http://www.comicartfans.com/SubNewsDetails.asp?NID=1741

It is very exciting for everyone involved, but I am just overwhelmed with excitement for Stephen. :applause:

A true Frazetta fan and a true gentleman....in the truest sense of the word. (thumbs u

i dont understood the logic behind this. why would an artist choose his biggest fans to be their agent? i understand theres knowledge of the product there but isnt an agent supposed to be an impartial independent person with nothing but the artists best interest in mind? i dont know either of these guys and im not trying to cast aspursions. there's no way i can afford a frazetta piece so i have no interst here. i just think that if youre an active collector of the art you sell there must be an inherent conflict of interest. ive seen this happen with other artists too, their best buyer becomes their agent. just trying to understand the thinking behind it.

aw

i dont understood the logic behind this. why would an artist choose his biggest fans to be their agent? i understand theres knowledge of the product there but isnt an agent supposed to be an impartial independent person with nothing but the artists best interest in mind? i dont know either of these guys and im not trying to cast aspursions. there's no way i can afford a frazetta piece so i have no interst here. i just think that if youre an active collector of the art you sell there must be an inherent conflict of interest. ive seen this happen with other artists too, their best buyer becomes their agent. just trying to understand the thinking behind it.

aw

:troll:

No need to remove the message. It's a reasonable question. Knowing Ferzoco personally, I can tell you that he is a fan of the art but equally if not moreso a fan of the artist, and so I have no doubt he would put Frank's interests above his own. This might, therefore, be a unique situation where the most trustworthy individuals also happen to be some of his biggest fans.