• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman #1 sighting !!

67 posts in this topic

Mike, that is a great pic of you with all those comics! :applause:

:gossip:Sorry I didn't post earlier, thought I had. :sorry:

When I first looked at this thread I thought that Spidey was photoshopped. doh!

picwithspidey1.jpg

And now you know it wasn't (tsk) Hey Dennis, I wanted to thank you for treating my books like they were special and important, one by one. You and Royce gave them appropriate attention.....cuz they ARE important to me !! You are both class acts

Enjoyed the Steelhead (thumbs u

Hi Royce :hi:

And now you know it wasn't (tsk) Hey Dennis, I wanted to thank you for treating my books like they were special and important, one by one. You gave them appropriate attention.....cuz they ARE important to me !! You are a class act.

(shrug) What? No comic love for the Toast Man? :cry:

Mike, that is a great pic of you with all those comics! :applause:

:gossip:Sorry I didn't post earlier, thought I had. :sorry:

When I first looked at this thread I thought that Spidey was photoshopped. doh!

picwithspidey1.jpg

And now you know it wasn't (tsk) Hey Dennis, I wanted to thank you for treating my books like they were special and important, one by one. You and Royce gave them appropriate attention.....cuz they ARE important to me !! You are both class acts

Just in case I didnt tell you Jack Cole rules as well as Eisner.I appreciate you showing them to Royce and I.

A Crippen pedigree :cloud9:.

We will have to do the steelhead again real soon (thumbs u

Dennis

Sup Royce :acclaim:

And now you know it wasn't (tsk) Hey Dennis, I wanted to thank you for treating my books like they were special and important, one by one. You gave them appropriate attention.....cuz they ARE important to me !! You are a class act.

I fixed that brother......damn, I'm bad....... :sorry:

I fixed that brother......damn, I'm bad....... :sorry:

:foryou:

I figured this was the most appropriate place to put this picture cuz one of the guys is Jack, who was holding the Superman #32 in that other photo.

This is a few years later.....in 1977 to be exact, and our very first SDCC. Jack is the guy to the right reading something or other. Steve is my other comic book friend who is holding a couple of VERY NICE copies of old comics. One is Four Color #159 .....The Ghost of the Grotto in super nice condition......and one is "Church copy" of Plastic Man #10 from Chuck at Mile High Comics. Yea....I owned....at one time The Edgar Church copy of Plas #10 :acclaim:

This pic was taken in our room at the El Cortez Hotel......6th floor.

stevewithcomicsSD1977.jpg