• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman #1 sighting !!

67 posts in this topic

A few months back someone started a thread about old photos of formumites with comics or toys. I knew this pic existed but I didn't have it at the time. I thought it might be at my folks house .....somewhere. So on the way down to SDCC last month, we visited them for a couple days and I asked to look at some of the old photo albums.......and BAMO !! There it was !! My mom graciously said I could take it.

The pic was taken in about 1973 or so and happened because of an article we read in my moms National Enquirer. It showed some kid in England sitting on a huge pile of comic books with the title .....The King of Comics !! Well, my buddy Jack and I got inspired......and piled all our books up against the wall and sat next to them, each reading our best one. Jack reading his Superman 32 and .........well, you can see what I'm reading :grin: Then Jacks big sister took the pic.

earlycomicpicmeandjack.jpg

picwithspidey1.jpg

What happend to the books?

Cool photo. Do you still have any of those books? :wishluck:

:roflmao: That was 35 years ago.......give or take

hm I have none of those exact books, but I do own a Scrooge #14 and a Spectacular Spiderman #1 both of which are in the pic.

What happend to the books?

Cool photo. Do you still have any of those books? :wishluck:

:roflmao: That was 35 years ago.......give or take

hm I have none of those exact books, but I do own a Scrooge #14 and a Spectacular Spiderman #1 both of which are in the pic.

:( Shame.

WOW...That Supes 32 looks VF. Does your buddy still keep in touch and does he still collect.? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yea.....it was a sweet copy. Jack now lives in St. Louis Mo. and is a freelance cartoonist/artist. We still keep in touch, but he is not a comic book collector. I was always surprised that he never wanted to draw comics professionally. He's totally good enough. I guess he made good money doin what he does. Heres a sample of his work. I've had this piece for......oh......20+ years. A couple of years ago he sent me a beautiful Conan pencil drawing. I'll try and dig it out and get a pic. Its awesome !!

Jackart.jpg