• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm going to regret this but my X-Men #11 in on ebay with a low reserve.

18 posts in this topic

I thought what the heck throw caution to the wind and listed the X-Men #11 Curator that I wasn't even going to sell on ebay with a low reserve. I figure if someone hits the reserve right away that it will encourage more bidding. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the butt. frown.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2217313358&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Eric

James you have a very good point and my reserve is right in line with what I paid for it but I'm worried that it's worth alot more than my reserve and someone is going to get a steal for less than it's worth and I'm just going to break even. I may have picked a bad time listing it being right after Christmas and all.

Eric

Interesting book, its already pretty much at NM guide, however it is the Curator copy and the quality of those books is well well established. I am very happy with my VF 11, on the other hand if a #4 was thrown up that's a different story all together. grin.gif

Just a suggestion, Eric. I don't necessarily need to see the whole CGC label. Seeing the bottom of the book is more important to me.

There are 3 pics in the auction, with the other two being full-shots of the front and back cover.

I'm glad he sold it for all he could but I will never understand why anybody would want to pay that much for a 9.0 book. I have been collecting high grade X-men for a while and I know that X-men 11 in 9.0 is a $350- $400 book, there are plenty of them floating around ( graded and ungraded - hell there are more graded 9.2's and 9.4's then 9.0's.) Again, I do not chide anyone for selling the books for as much as they can get for them but I just find it unbelieveable would spend that much( pedigree or not.)

Tom