• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry's Comics

74 posts in this topic

Yesterday I received two comics from a web purchase of Larry's Comics: Chew and Stuff of Legend. Both items were shipped in a plain mailing envelope. The envelope was damaged in route and taped back together. The Chew comic arrived nice and neat, bagged and boarded. The Stuff of Legend comic took a beating as it was loose between two pieces of cardboard.

I called Larry's Comics to see about replacing the Stuff of Legend. A woman answered the phone and I explained that I'd ordered some comics from the website but one of them arrived damaged. I asked who could I speak to about the damaged book. She asked me to hold on and passed the phone to a gent. As I was explaining my situation again, the guy cut me off told me he packaged the book himself but that because stuff of legends was not a standard size, bags and boards didn't exist for it. I tried to explain that I thought perhaps it has been damaged in transit. He said very curtly, "send it back and I'll replace it, that's all I can do to make you happy." And he started to hang up. I asked him his name; I was speaking to Larry, the Larry of Larry's Comics. I said, "I respect what you do and I'm not trying to argue with you, just that." Again he cut me off, "But you are."

I was shocked, "You think I'm arguing with you?" He said, "Yes you are arguing with me, I can't control the mail." I opened my mouth to say something else and he said, "I'm hanging up now mam" and the phone went dead.

So I'm wondering WTF just happened?? It was as if I had some long standing disgruntled relationship with this guy, but this was my first purchase and my last. Larry's Comics may have some sweet variants but his customer service is below sub par.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

100_2082.jpg

It may be difficult to see in the picture but the taped edge was how the packaged arrive. It was torn when I got it, but Larry never gave me a chance to explain that.

I recieved a Stuff of Legends replacement copy today from Larry's Comics. The book was protected better this time and even bagged. I did get a personal note from Larry, "Thanks for the kind words on the CGC boards. You are a peach."

I recieved a Stuff of Legends replacement copy today from Larry's Comics. The book was protected better this time and even bagged. I did get a personal note from Larry, "Thanks for the kind words on the CGC boards. You are a peach."

He didn't end the note with "Ma'am" - that :censored:

I was going to order from his site the other day until I saw his eBay feedback. Obviously he does not understand the basic concepts of good business - do a good job and maybe a customer will tell one person, do a bad job and that same customer will tell 10 people about their bad experience..

Or post it on a comic chat board..

There's your custom forum title; "Larry's peach". :insane:

Yesterday I received two comics from a web purchase of Larry's Comics: Chew and Stuff of Legend. Both items were shipped in a plain mailing envelope. The envelope was damaged in route and taped back together. The Chew comic arrived nice and neat, bagged and boarded. The Stuff of Legend comic took a beating as it was loose between two pieces of cardboard.

I called Larry's Comics to see about replacing the Stuff of Legend. A woman answered the phone and I explained that I'd ordered some comics from the website but one of them arrived damaged. I asked who could I speak to about the damaged book. She asked me to hold on and passed the phone to a gent. As I was explaining my situation again, the guy cut me off told me he packaged the book himself but that because stuff of legends was not a standard size, bags and boards didn't exist for it. I tried to explain that I thought perhaps it has been damaged in transit. He said very curtly, "send it back and I'll replace it, that's all I can do to make you happy." And he started to hang up. I asked him his name; I was speaking to Larry, the Larry of Larry's Comics. I said, "I respect what you do and I'm not trying to argue with you, just that." Again he cut me off, "But you are."

I was shocked, "You think I'm arguing with you?" He said, "Yes you are arguing with me, I can't control the mail." I opened my mouth to say something else and he said, "I'm hanging up now mam" and the phone went dead.

So I'm wondering WTF just happened?? It was as if I had some long standing disgruntled relationship with this guy, but this was my first purchase and my last. Larry's Comics may have some sweet variants but his customer service is below sub par.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

100_2082.jpg

It may be difficult to see in the picture but the taped edge was how the packaged arrive. It was torn when I got it, but Larry never gave me a chance to explain that.

If I had only known.

Then, the 10 copies of "Invincible #1, Larry's Comics Edition" that I have that are smashed in the corners because of hideous packing might have been replaced.

Who knew?