• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark and Flatrock's Chicago Comicon Picture Report

45 posts in this topic

The guy on the right is John Hauser. I think a lot of board members either know or are at least aware of John's existence. Nice guy to work with. John has sold at the Rockford Comic Con the last 2 years. And is that Jerry Garcia on the left looking through the comics? hmlol

Comicon2009-10.jpg

John Hauser was the man who brought the Green River Collection to market. He's about as old school as you can get...his father was a comic book collector. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

John also brought the Curator collection to market methinks.

He had a decent stack of modern Curator books in his boxes...I was shocked to find that the Curator's collection extended well into the 1980's.

Cool stuff!

And last but not least, the only board member who allowed me to take a picture.....sweet Lou! :banana:

Comicon2009-18.jpg

:gossip: Lou is better looking in person than she is in pics here on the boards. Her and Roy look like a great couple.

That's all folks! :acclaim:

Thanks for the kind words dude.

Lou was actually looking forward to wearing a full Zatannah costume but couldn't find her top hat before we left home. Likely a good thing as it was pretty hot in the con center.

Great to meet you guys as well! Thanks for sharing all the pics.

:applause:

And last but not least, the only board member who allowed me to take a picture.....sweet Lou! :banana:

Comicon2009-18.jpg

:gossip: Lou is better looking in person than she is in pics here on the boards. Her and Roy look like a great couple.

That's all folks! :acclaim:

Thanks for the kind words dude.

Lou was actually looking forward to wearing a full Zatannah costume but couldn't find her top hat before we left home. Likely a good thing as it was pretty hot in the con center.

Great to meet you guys as well! Thanks for sharing all the pics.

:applause:

:blush:

Oh my ! Such a pleasure meeting you in persion Mike (and Mike). Roy and I had a blast. I am back at work this morning :cry: but we will have more on our adventures with all our wonderful friends (both old and new) coming up soon.

The guy on the right is John Hauser. I think a lot of board members either know or are at least aware of John's existence. Nice guy to work with. John has sold at the Rockford Comic Con the last 2 years. And is that Jerry Garcia on the left looking through the comics? hmlol

Comicon2009-10.jpg

Can't remember the guy's name, but I do know that

in lo years ago when I was doing shows, I have sold to him

and bought a few from him for some very handsome prices.

Garcia is dead. That's David Crosby.