• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #227 9.8 sells for $10k

109 posts in this topic

I don't see what's so great about Detective 31, aesthetically speaking. I can't get over Batman's ridiculously square chin and shoulders, the tiny little bat symbol on his costume, and the castle that looks like some random doodle.

:o We finally agree on something!

One of the most overrated covers... ever!

Picking Brave and Bold 36 and Showcase 35 as two of the greatest DC SA superhero covers renders your opinions highly suspect. :baiting:

It's been a long time since I've had to bring out the "know nothing newbie" on you! :sumo:

Oh..hell no!! That is my favorite DC bat cover...totally not overrated..sooooo not overrated..who owns the original cover art??

I agree, the original TEC #31 is one of the all time greats.

Don't forget, this was the era of the batman !!! A demon like creature, one who carried a gun, and would shoot criminals in their sleep. Not the soft pedophile that was developed for commercial purposes a few issues later.

The first few Batman issues are as mysterious and soulful as Dylan's Genuine Basement Tapes!!!

Superman was still a brooklyn style -egg head in tights, could barely fly, and then you have, the batman.

You know , I'm a spidey fan, but for 75K one could have an AF #15 in about 8.0 range, or a maybe a Tec # 31 in the 7.0 range, unrestored.

To me it's a no brainer. And I think one board member has a #31 in unrestored 7.0. If I could choose between AF #15 in 8.0 vs. Tec unrestored #31 in 7.0, not even close. Like old school Sea Biscuit going against Big Brown. No contest.

tec35.jpg

Its a good cover but for the attention it gets you'd think it was the freaking mona lisa. Many other contenders equally deserving of the attention and sadly overlooked

Like Suspense #3?? :baiting:

Its a good cover but for the attention it gets you'd think it was the freaking mona lisa. Many other contenders equally deserving of the attention and sadly overlooked

Yeah, it's no Suspense 3, that's for sure! :baiting:

lol Great minds think alike!

And there's only one on the census, so somebody just lost $3,000 doh!

They probably bought the book at cover price then paid to have it CGCd...Id say they made out very well getting 10 grand for it!

What I don't get is GPA says one sold last month for $13,000. If there's only one on the census it has to be the same book, no?

Could be that the census hasn't been updated yet to include this copy.

I never thought about that :tonofbricks:

Cert shows this was graded on 6/19. Census was updated 6/24, so it's entirely possible that this copy is a new copy.

Still only shows one 9.8 so must be the same book.... Census was updated on 11/16..

So a $3,000 loss looks likely then? In the space of a month or so. Worst flip ever.

Worst flip ever was All-American #16 CGC 5.5 on Comiclink

Sold for $60,000 a few months ago and re-sold for $40,000 minus 10% comiclink fee in the latest monthly auction ($24,000 loss)

This assumes the $60,000 sale actually went through (which we don't know for sure)

So a $3,000 loss looks likely then? In the space of a month or so. Worst flip ever.

Worst flip ever was All-American #16 CGC 5.5 on Comiclink

Sold for $60,000 a few months ago and re-sold for $40,000 minus 10% comiclink fee in the latest monthly auction ($24,000 loss)

This assumes the $60,000 sale actually went through (which we don't know for sure)

Wouldn't the worst flip ever be Jay Parrino paying $350,000 for the Marvel # 1 Pay Copy and then selling it for $250,000? (or the other book he sold for a loss, Flash # 1??) Or did he keep the book too long to be considered a flip?