• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #227 9.8 sells for $10k

109 posts in this topic

Bat_227_98_03.jpg
It doesn't even have White Pages :insane:

Who gives a mess?? It's a Bats #227 9.8!

You do have a good point.
That book looks like it has a perfect cut! I think that should more then make up for not having white pages. (thumbs u

So a $3,000 loss looks likely then? In the space of a month or so. Worst flip ever.

Worst flip ever was All-American #16 CGC 5.5 on Comiclink

Sold for $60,000 a few months ago and re-sold for $40,000 minus 10% comiclink fee in the latest monthly auction ($24,000 loss)

This assumes the $60,000 sale actually went through (which we don't know for sure)

Ouch.

So a $3,000 loss looks likely then? In the space of a month or so. Worst flip ever.

Worst flip ever was All-American #16 CGC 5.5 on Comiclink

Sold for $60,000 a few months ago and re-sold for $40,000 minus 10% comiclink fee in the latest monthly auction ($24,000 loss)

This assumes the $60,000 sale actually went through (which we don't know for sure)

Ouch.

Ouch x2. Nobody thought the 60K price was unrealistic when it happened but seeing that same book sell for 30% less then it did months later while seeing Showcase 22 basically triple in value is eye opening.

He should have bought New Mutants 98 in 9.9. .

:signfunny: Yep, I was stunned when the AA 16 sold for that low at auction. Didn't expect that to happen on such a super rare book in unrestored condition. At least now I have a great chance at a low graded copy :grin:

Bat_227_98_03.jpg

That book looks like it has a perfect cut! I think that should more then make up for not having white pages. (thumbs u

The words "perfect cut" should never be used for a book that has a white stripe running along the spine.

Im not a big BATMAN guy, so please dont shoot me...but is #227 a key issue for any reason?

Or is this just a random, early bronze age 'nice' Bats book?

Surely it's someone's first appearance or death or... ?

It's just a cool cover that has been latched onto by collectors with loadsamoney.

Im not a big BATMAN guy, so please dont shoot me...but is #227 a key issue for any reason?

Reasons for high price:

1. Neal Adams cover

2. based on the classic cover of DETECTIVE #31

3. black cover

4. low census numbers for high grade

5. Batman, Batman, Batman

Reasons for high price:

1. Neal Adams cover

2. based on the classic cover of DETECTIVE #31

3. black cover

4. low census numbers for high grade

5. Batman, Batman, Batman

+1

Bat_227_98_03.jpg

The words "perfect cut" should never be used for a book that has a white stripe running along the spine.

On a dark cover like this I'd almost prefer it to have a slight over wrap than the white spine..

Bat_227_98_03.jpg

On a dark cover like this I'd almost prefer it to have a slight over wrap than the white spine..

I`d prefer an over wrap to an underwrap on ANY book.

That bit of white wouldn't bother me one little bit.
Ditto

My original comment was just to respond to another poster`s comment that the book had a "perfect cut" by pointing out that it doesn`t. Whether the book`s cut is okay or not with any particular collector is a different issue.