• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Watcher's woefully incomplete (but long) WW Chicago con report

68 posts in this topic

Angelo, great report! I am so glad to see a photo of Sarno bee bopping around the Con floor. Ellen was crushed she had to leave the dinner because she wanted to sit next to you. :(

And not that it really matters but that piece she made for Greggy was a Birthday Card not an auction item. It was hilarious seeing him realize who it was inside the closed off booth(which she promptly crawled under) only to hear him say over and over..."Go away, get out..go away" And Ellen saying "No"

:roflmao:

Greggy was a really sport though.

Thanks, Kenny. I looked around and didn't see her and figured she had to join Trevor :( I saw that greggy had nowhere to run in that booth. He's just a natural with kids meh

I didn't know Shiverbones had such a devilish grin.

He looks like he is in hot heaven while working on that sketch.

WWC09III.jpg

He was actually trying not to laugh while attempting to look natural for the picture lol

I read through most (all?) of the Chicago show threads. I haven't seen anyone mention how hilarious Borock was during the auction. I'm talking regularly bidding on his own items, outbidding himself when he was the high bidder, almost leaving with his FF 1 still on the mantle...or is this just normal stuff for you guys that already knew him?

Many of us have seen Steve B drink before, so it was par for the course for him lol Seriously, he did a wonderful thing by donating the items to the auction and bidding on the same. Steve's a really good guy and fun to be around (thumbs u

I mentioned it in my report. At one point during the auction I yelled out something about him being a Heritage employee but nobody heard it. The someone else did and it broke everyone up.

Borock was over the top.

I heard your comment, but I was too busy laughing at Chris' jokes. I missed many of the bids because of him lol

All part of my plan to keep you from bidding on.....THIS!!

TrueLifeSecrets23.jpg

I read through most (all?) of the Chicago show threads. I haven't seen anyone mention how hilarious Borock was during the auction. I'm talking regularly bidding on his own items, outbidding himself when he was the high bidder, almost leaving with his FF 1 still on the mantle...or is this just normal stuff for you guys that already knew him?

Many of us have seen Steve B drink before, so it was par for the course for him lol Seriously, he did a wonderful thing by donating the items to the auction and bidding on the same. Steve's a really good guy and fun to be around (thumbs u

I mentioned it in my report. At one point during the auction I yelled out something about him being a Heritage employee but nobody heard it. The someone else did and it broke everyone up.

Borock was over the top.

I heard your comment, but I was too busy laughing at Chris' jokes. I missed many of the bids because of him lol

TrueLifeSecrets23.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Thanks for the report and photos Ang. It is always nice to put faces and names together. I am so jealous of you guys. One of these years I am going to finally make it to either Chicago or Baltimore for a show. Until then, I will live vicariously through these con reports! lol

I've been contemplating going to MD for the Baltimore show. I have non-board friends there that I'd like to visit, and since the con would be going on, well, I could kill two birds with one stone. But it would be sweet if you made it up to Chicago one year, Scott. It would be a great time for sure.

TrueLifeSecrets23.jpg

:cry:

They are diamonds in the necklace not pearls ... I love Diamonds * SIGH*.

Beautiful book and for a great cause.

Congrats !

(thumbs u

Left side be diamonds, right side be pearls. :applause:

I get your point, but we are all going to snicker about this book....repeatedly. :sumo: