• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con in NY

12 posts in this topic

Is anybody here going to it? I see that CGC will be there,has anybody ever submitted books to cgc while they were at a con. How do you do it? Do you still fill out the forms online? Also does anybody know if they are doing signings for CGC for signature series books?

Just go to the CGC booth with your books, they will have submission form available for you to fill out (you won't get the 20% discount that you would have if you submitted through Heritage or some others however) and they'll take your books back to Florida for you (saving you postage/insurance for half of the round trip). Not sure about sig series grading confused-smiley-013.gif

Well im only going on the saturday because of the Super Bowl.I thought i read somewhere that they do accept the 20% forms but cant remember where. Obviously if i wanted to get books signed and cgc is doing SS i guess those i would have to pay regular price because im not sure who will be participating in that.

Prof - I will definitely be at the big apple and will be trying to organize a forum lunch for Saturday. (more on that later).

I submit almost exclusively through the inperson drop off - very easy.

Best,

DAM

I submit almost exclusively through the inperson drop off - very easy.

Does anyone know if they will accept a 100 book modern pre-screen order at a show?....and what do they charge for the ones that don't meet desired grade,...is it the same $5.00 per book as the economy or is it lower? confused.gif

Now if i did fill out the forms online so i get the 20% off, do they accept it at the cons?

Yes, I did this about 6 months ago. You will need to complete on-line using a link with discount (Heritage 20% for me) and then print 3 copies. When you hand them off, they will initial a copy for you as a receipt and you will be eligible for the discount.