• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KAZAR#1... JUST WHAT IS ON THE COVER

30 posts in this topic

I've often seen this book listed as having some hidden words (*^(*%#) on it's cover but I can 't figure out where...

here is my copy... did they recall it... KAZAR #1

I see it listed in OS with the same note...must be really small words

WEBHEAD confused.gif

I've often seen this book listed as having some hidden words (*^(*%#) on it's cover but I can 't figure out where...

here is my copy... did they recall it... KAZAR #1

I see it listed in OS with the same note...must be really small words

WEBHEAD confused.gif

I kept meaning to ask this question, I guess the CCA was asleep on the job again.

I don't think they had to be asleep that much. Unless the artist bragged, who would ever notice ? There could be 100's of issues we don't know about with similar things on. Subliminal seems to be a very misleading word in this case.

I wonder if any outher covers have "hidden" words on them.

Not as graphic as the word on the Kazar cover, but when Alex Ross was feeling less than positive about his relationship with Now Comics he let everyone know subliminal style.

Check out the backwards words in line 6, 7 and 8 of the code:

"W ON"

"XI MOC"

"ZO LB"

Reading it backwards it says "NOW COMIX BLOZ"

361442-terminator.JPG

361442-terminator.JPG.4abf8ad36a8042a01d756b4775259a40.JPG

Just above the rear end of the Sabretooth tiger, next to the palm tree, you can see the word '[!@#%^&^]'.

27_laughing.gif

Who keeps track of this stuff? confused.gif

I have always wondered what was the issue around removing the "Marvel ad" from League of extraordinary Gentlemen? Anyone care to enlighten me?

Trust me to pipe up on this topic. The offending (Victorian parody) ad, and we're talking not much bigger than thumbnail size here, was about tampons or something to do with ladies "ablutions". The brand of this object was Marvel. A friend of mine had an original, unexpurgated copy (for some reason, as with the Elseworlds annual, the few that escaped through the net came to England) and he subsequently sold it on ebay for about £150.

Can't think of any other subtly hidden swear words on the covers of mainstream comics. All I can remember is Tom Orzechowski exchanging the letters on the approval stamp for Strange Tales 180. Said ish was approved by the Cosmic Code authority. Big larfs ensued.