• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1800 + on ebay, gold, silver,bronze and more.

50 posts in this topic

What kind of a story were you looking for? It was a movie about the relationship between a boy and his father.

Exactly, it was a movie about nothing. The Hulk wanted nothing, he did nothing (plot wise), the story progressed no where, the mish-mash ending resolved nothing, etc., etc..

It was the Seinfeld version of a superhero movie.

Now don't try and pass The Hulk off as some high-brow "father and son" drama, as it included a wafer-thin plot designed to make big bucks off the CGI effects.

And that's why the Hulk didn't make an appearance until......... when, exactly? smirk.gifstooges.gif

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. I think Ang was trying to strike a balance between the elements, and there was no way he could satiate the fanboys with a film with actual drama and thought-provoking relationships between the characters. I'm glad he leaned the way he did.

Would you have preferred a movie about "Smart Hulk"?

I liked all three (DD, Hulk & LGX), but then I'm easily entertained. wink.gif

No joke. grin.gif

Now tell us about your exciting evening spent between watching "The Incredible Fly on the Wall!" and "The Slowly Drying Paint". 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, DD was horrible. So horrible. THAT was a bad comic book movie. boo.gif

No joke. grin.gif

Now tell us about your exciting evening spent between watching "The Incredible Fly on the Wall!" and "The Slowly Drying Paint". 27_laughing.gif

How can you say it was a bad comic book movie? The characters all were basically the way they were in the comics aside from Kingpin being black (which I actually liked in the long run). I thought it was one of the better comic book movies. Ok, two adults fighting on a playground is kind of stupid, but jeez, it's a comic book movie! The plot flowed fairly well, and like a good story arc, most everything was wrapped up in the end while still leaving enough loose ends to keep us wanting more. That, and Jennifer Garner is pretty hot. grin.gif

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. I think Ang was trying to strike a balance between the elements, and there was no way he could satiate the fanboys with a film with actual drama and thought-provoking relationships between the characters.

And he failed miserably. The Hulk was dull with a capital "D". Didn't care about the characters at all. Got to a point in the movie that I wished Bruce would be killed.

The movie didn't work, period. Only Lara Croft was a worse wide release genre movie this summer. Even Matrix: Reloaded was better. 893whatthe.gif Just terrible...

In my opinion of course...... grin.gif

Jim

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

You're right, different people get different things from different movies.

I like flicks where there is noticeable pace, an intriguing story, a character arc and goal, and plot progression from start to end. I didn't get that from The Hulk, and the movie just seemed to plod along with no real focus.

Now my personal criteria has nothing to do with genre, as I can find the same elements in anything from Chinatown to Star Wars to Silence of the Lambs.

No joke. grin.gif

How can you say it was a bad comic book movie? The characters all were basically the way they were in the comics aside from Kingpin being black (which I actually liked in the long run). I thought it was one of the better comic book movies. Ok, two adults fighting on a playground is kind of stupid, but jeez, it's a comic book movie! The plot flowed fairly well, and like a good story arc, most everything was wrapped up in the end while still leaving enough loose ends to keep us wanting more. That, and Jennifer Garner is pretty hot. grin.gif

The story was vg/f wink.gif , but Affleck really can't act, the dialogue was stilted (the "answering machine" scene still haunts me)... yeah, that was my biggest problem with it. The "groan factor" was impossibly high. Every time someone would talk, it was a groanworthy line delivered in groanworthy fashion.

Would you have preferred a movie about "Smart Hulk"?

I would have like a "Grey Hulk' movie like in Wolverine 8 (that was one funny storyline - loved the ending - and the Hulk's transformation was a consequence of the sun.) of Hulk 340 and have another knock down all out brouhaha between wolverine and hulk wink.gif

The "groan factor" was impossibly high. Every time someone would talk, it was a groanworthy line delivered in groanworthy fashion.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The movie reaked, but my biggest problem with it was that although Matt was supposed to be blind (that's the only character hook) he acted, fought (in the playground - groan), tricked Foggy, and otherwise had the "look and feel" of a sighted man.

Anyone who would ever believe he's blind is a Grade-A insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

The dialogue was the worst I've heard since Weekend at Bernies 2, the plot had holes you could drive a Mack Truck through (DD beats up everyone with ease, yet at the end, needs the rain to "see" the Kingpin?), the acting was atrocious, and DD's costume was stolen from the gimp in Pulp Fiction.

That's just to start...

Just as a reminder this is a thread about my freakin auction... hi.gif27_laughing.gif

What freaking comic book movie were you in? 893frustrated.gif

grin.gif

Seriously, we need to get all that "auction" stuff yanked off this otherwise fine thread!

893frustrated.gif

ARCH! Richnerd called me an S-word!!! devil.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hulk was horrible, but I thought Daredevil was pretty good. There, I said it! I LIKE THE DAREDEVIL MOVIE!

Yes I loved it also and I am not a DD fan! But hey each to there own!

Davidking623

No. The movie sucked and no one else can like it. You have heard from the Two-Man Tribunal of Khaos and _Collector.

sumo.gif <---Khaos sumo.gif <--- _Collector

Hulk was horrible, but I thought Daredevil was pretty good. There, I said it! I LIKE THE DAREDEVIL MOVIE!

Davidking623

No. The movie sucked and no one else can like it. You have heard from the Two-Man Tribunal of Khaos and _Collector.

sumo.gif

Davidking623

I read this reply but I still have not heard it! 893whatthe.gif

Davidking623

One more positive word on that Daredevil movie, and you shall have my accord to smite them!! makepoint.gif

That movie sucketh worse than the Giant Piglets of Organth. shocked.gif

One more positive word on that Daredevil movie, and you shall have my accord to smite them!! makepoint.gif

I definitely will be looking for that movie Giant Piglets of Organth Cant wait! cloud9.gif

Davidking623

I definitely will be looking for that movie Giant Piglets of Organth Cant wait! cloud9.gif

Davidking623

Wait, are you saying that because you thought DD was so good that GPO MUST be good??

_Collector? Is this smiteworthy?!?!? Can we at least feed him to Greggy??