• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing our Joe Simon Signing and Memorabilia Drawing

90 posts in this topic

Cards and books are being packed. Cakes has been ordered and dinner will be picked up the day of the event. This will be a blast. Pictures to will be posted after we get back from New York. Thanks to everyone who mailed books in. For those of you who still have books to get to us. We will be taking Joe Simon submissions in Baltimore.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I saw Desert Wind in person Friday at the Apple Con and they said the signing went very well Thursday, 10/15/09. I didn't win the drawing but can't recall who they said who won. Lucky person!!! Joe Simon was there Friday at the show. I got to meet him in person and take a picture with him & my daughter. Very cool.

OK OK So everyone is saying "HOW DID IT GO WITH JOE?"

Well all I can say is it went GREAT!!

Sharon, Joel Elad (who was assisting us) and I had a great time with Joe Simon. A whole bunch of books got signed. In fact EVERYTHING got signed. But that was no surprise. Joe received his birthday cards and well wishes from everyone who sent in cards for him. We presented Joe with his HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNER that we had signed by what seemed to be over 100 people. Their was not a spot left open on the banner. We had the banner available to sign at the Pittsburgh, Long Beach and Baltimore cons. Joe loved it and he just e-mailed us to say it is now hanging up on his office wall. The winner of the Joe Simon Memorabilia Drawing was pulled out of a box by Joe himself. Pictures of the signing and the name of the winner will be coming shortly as we still have to unpack from our trip to Baltimore and New York. (Unfortuantely I was down for a week with a nasty cold that had me sleeping about 18-20 hours a day for 4 days straight and Sharon was out of town on personal business right after we got back from New York.) So we are just now unpacking and once we find our camera with all of the phots we will post them. Joe said thank you to everyone for the cards and said he had a blast. So I say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated in this signing with Joe and would also like to thank Joel Elad for helping us out during the signing. And of course thank you Sharon for her usual stellar job of taking care of Joe while he signed all of the books. Both Sharon and I look forward to seeing Joe next year once again especially after he asked when we will be back to visit with him in New York.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

WOW everything sounds like it went over GREAT!!! :grin:

I'm so happy to hear that, That is so great!

It's also great to hear that you will be seeing him again..NEXT YEAR!!!! :banana:

That gives me a lot of time to look for more comics for him to sign again.

Thank you so much Chandler & Sharon.

I can't wait to see the pics!!!