• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing our Joe Simon Signing and Memorabilia Drawing

90 posts in this topic

I think we may have a few "COPIES" of both the B&W and color version of that piece of art you see on Joe's desk. He gave Sharon both piece to walk down to Kinkos and make copies of before we left his place that night. I think he may have signed all of them too. I will have to check with Sharon what happened to these copies. lol But then knowing all of you comic collecting hounds you wouldn't care for a copy would you? :ohnoez:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I won?!?!?! HOLY COW, HOLY !!!! :banana:

This has been one hell-a-of-a year!! :whee:

This is freakin amazing!!!

I'm a HUGE Joe Simon fan too....... WOW!!!

Thank you Joe, and THANK YOU CHANDLER & SHARON!

You guys provide some really cool, rare opportunities for us fans.

Thank you again for making this all possible!

I also want to give a shout out to Tim, "Professor66".

It was he who found me on the Captain America message boards and introduced me to this place, and informed me about the great people I could meet here.

Since then I've got some really cool Mike Zeck autographs from Dan (Par2ch), met Stan Lee himself via DWC's Stan Lee Meet & Greet, and now Joe Simon pulls my card in the drawing!!

WOW, just WOW!!!!!!

geez.. Seeing that pic of Chandler destroyed all my preconceptions of him.

From the pic in his AV I thought he was an much older Gentleman.

Is this good or bad? lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Its good.

I guess avs are missleading

I also just wanted to share Joe's birthday card (front to back), I took some pics just before it was mailed to Chandler.....

Also here is our Halloween photo, as you can see the whole family loves Captain America ha ha!!! :grin:

Captain%20America%20Family%203.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

That card is seriously crazy krazy cool. Congrats, you deserve the pick.. :applause:

Just wanted to follow up on this with a pic of the Joe Simon art that I had won from the DWC Joe Simon contest last October. :foryou:

If Chandler & Sharon have any future contests like this, you guys HAVE to participate! I mean WOW, what an awesome ONE OF A KIND prize!

I am just stoked, and being a life long Cap fan this is by far a true "grail" in my collection. An actual piece of art from Captain America's co-creator himself JOE SIMON! :whee:

THANK YOU SO MUCH Chandler & Sharon!

I love the innovative ideas you both come have up with to make this already exciting hobby, even more so.

The Stan Lee Meet & Greets, Dinner with Stan Lee opportunity, Joe Simon art contest, I mean WOW keep um coming!!!! :applause:

Anyways, here is the Joe Simon art I won from the DWC contest.

This picture was taken before Chandler submitted it to CGC for grading.

Thanks again Desert Wind Comics for providing an amazing contest!

IMG_3658b.JPG

I also just wanted to share Joe's birthday card (front to back), I took some pics just before it was mailed to Chandler.....

Also here is our Halloween photo, as you can see the whole family loves Captain America ha ha!!! :grin:

Captain%20America%20Family%203.jpg

lol that's so cool. :headbang: