• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading - shifting into 2nd gear (Iron Man #55 FS!)

19 posts in this topic

Great color/cover gloss, a couple almost invisible spine stresses (invisible due to the off-center cover!), very light wear/rounding to the bottom right corner, and the pen mark top right corner. Raw, and guaranteed unrestored, nice pages. Whatcha think?

iron55.jpg

Yo, you doubting your grading skills now? Just list the bugger and sell it! BTW, thanks for outbidding me on those 2 books. I'll remember that! mad.gif

Darth - when I said "pen mark top right corner", that means there's a pen mark in the top right corner! 7.5?!?! You're harsh man...

G - hey, at least I didn't snipe!! Small/sweet list coming your way later today to make up for it. wink.gif And yes, both the X-men and this book will be available for sale, graded and priced shortly.

Is this my private list or do all the joes on your spam mailing list get it? You promised! BTW, I bid up the top bidder quite high. I already have these books but that was for punishment! mad.gif

based on the "crow's feet" stampeding up and down that off-center spine... yup, 7.5...the "pube" may get it qualified for writing on the cover - maybe Starlin thought about signing it and decided not to. Still have doubts about the "pen mark"...sure it is buddy...whatever you say... wink.gif

Hey, you told me that this book looked NM but badly off-centered! Boy, your grading skills must have diminished due to your reliance on the CGC graders! Shame on you Mike! tongue.gif

Yep, it looks about NM, but badly off-centered. This book blows away the X-men 94, and the concensus on that one was 7.0-ish. So what's your take?

HATERS? WHAT HATERS? JUST BECAUSE I'M SPONSORED BY HATERADE, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T GIVE THAT BOOK A FAIR GRADE

VG+!!!!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Actually, it's nice.

Maybe VF/ VF+?

Maybe I'll end up sniping some poor board member on it?

Probably 8.0 to 8.5.... if the pen mark wasn't there.

I'm not sure if CGC would offer a grade with a qualifying remark, or just roll the pen mark into the overall grade.