• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's official, you're a second tier character

45 posts in this topic

we get a filtered list of Britcoms mainly from PBS: that said , 'Are you being Served' was always one of my favorites.

What is it with you guys and that camp as Christmas turkey?? Even when I was 11 I thought those Mrs. Slocombe's [!@#%^&^] gags were sheeite. That said, it's very much a document of the era.

It came on before doctor who so my brother and I ended up getting hooked on it...

A more recent one that I love was 'Chef' ...

Alan Partridge, in fact anything with Steve Coogan in it.

Patridge is a barrel of laughs, but Coogan gold for me is Paul Calf... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

. Both writers are Seinfeld obsessives (it's my favourite U.S. sitcom too, along with Larry Sanders) so it should be accessible.

I would LOVE to have the whole series of Seinfeld on DVD....but 200 episodes.. shocked.gif

And to top it all off, they haven't even been released yet...

There is a guy selling the whole series on a 30-something DVD collection, all recorded off the telly of course....but they are Region 1 and I just don't want to take the chance buying pirate disks...

Why Mockney? 893whatthe.gif

Constantine is a Scouse, so you'd need one of the McGanns.

And how can you talk about English comedy without mentioning 'People Like Us'? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I was referring to the inability of U.S. actors to do regional English accents. It usually ends up being yer rubbish approximation of Cockney. Not always, though.

I've heard good things about People Like Us, but I can't comment as I've not seen it. If it's repeated, I'll be watching............

The distinction between first and second tier was discussed somewhere else and questions were asked about Captain America's status. Public awareness became an issue, so I decided to ask my wife.

Mrs. gpcove knows nothing about comics, apart from the fact that she hates them and only insufficiently_thoughtful_persons read them.

She never heard of him from the English band The Kinks Cath Me Now I'm Falling.

And how about Iron Man from Ozzy's Iron Man?....