• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed -Playboy

53 posts in this topic

You should offer it to Hef for a weekend in the mansion. I bet they don't have one in a condition anywhere near that.

Their main storage facility was within a mile of my house until about 2 years ago.

I knew 2-3 guys that worked there.

You'd be shocked at what they still have (or had up until that point). All the issues from the first 2 years were kept in a cage with 24 video surveillance focused directly on where the #1 issues were kept.

From what they told me Hef or Christie would call to pull a copy to give as a gift to someone special but it was a rare thing for that to happen.

Heff has a signed copy. CGC would have to down grade that copy due to the un verified signature... doh! He should it to some reporter doing a little spot about his life and times.

Not sure if it was a Page 3 copy though. It would stil selll for an absurd amount of $$.

While I can admire this wonderful book, I have no intention of collecting them, but if I did...

I think CGC should have made a hinged case to the Centerfold...I'm not sure the covers are the keys here :shrug:

:signfunny:

hm

My 2c

This book and the variant printing is very hard to find.

As far as keys go there are very few that have true variants.

With CGC just starting the mags I think this book only has upside even at the 15kish price tag.

Hope you do well with the sale. But if it was me I would wait til the census fills out.

TG99

thanx, it means if It doesn't sell here, it's going into an auction.

rolling the dice then.

People seem to be getting crazy stupid money on Pedigree for single highest graded books a lot less famous than this book (shrug)

I don't think anyone can pass up commenting on this post - but the price is rather, eh, stiff, if you ask me

Can't blame the seller for asking an aggressive price for an item like this, with the market not yet defined for graded Playboys.

The price may be way too high.

The price may be way too low.

hm

PS - know you were kidding (thumbs u

I don't think anyone can pass up commenting on this post - but the price is rather, eh, stiff, if you ask me

Can't blame the seller for asking an aggressive price for an item like this, with the market not yet defined for graded Playboys.

The price may be way too high.

The price may be way too low.

hm

PS - know you were kidding (thumbs u

Yes, let's not be too hard on him.

One would have to bone headed not to see the joke.

C