• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Affordable SA and BA keys/semi-keys: ASM 129, Avengers 93, more! - REDUCED!!

24 posts in this topic

Hey all...here's a short stack of Silver Age and Bronze Age keys and sorta keys.

Fully insured shipping in the US is $6 for 1-3 books (securely packed) via the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail envelope; and $9 for 4 or more books (securely packed) via the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box.

Shipping to Canada, Europe and the UK is more, and tends not to be cheap these days. PLEASE contact me first before committing to buy!!! If you don't PM me first for a shipping quote, priority will automatically go to US buyers. Sorry! But I've been getting killed on international shipping lately!

PAYMENT OPTIONS: I accept PayPal (I eat the fees), checks (US only) and money orders (US only).

:takeit: rules; PM offers will also be cheerfully considered.

First books in a few minutes. Thanks for looking!

Best,

Mikey

Detective Comics #395: The Bronze Age Batman begins here, courtesy of Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil!

I first read this story in the "Batman from the '30s to the '70s" hardcover when I was 9 years-old in 1974 or so during a hospital stay, and it blew my mind. And I still think it's one of the coolest BA Batman books ever.

Fine.

$25

PRICE REDUCED! -- $22

Detective395.jpg

Avengers #93: THE all-time coolest Ant-Man/Vision story!!! :grin:

More BA goodness from Neal Adams. A few spots on the back cover (see scans), or it would grade a little higher.

Fine+.

$45

PRICE REDUCED! -- $40

Avengers93-a.jpg

Avengers93-b.jpg

Detective Comics #395: The Bronze Age Batman begins here, courtesy of Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil!

I first read this story in the "Batman from the '30s to the '70s" hardcover when I was 9 years-old in 1974 or so during a hospital stay, and it blew my mind. And I still think it's one of the coolest BA Batman books ever.

Fine.

$25

Detective395.jpg

I read that book as a kid too (a gift from the grandfolks)--and that scene of the couple aging and running ultimately into their graves (from #395 I think) was some heavy-duty stuff for my 6-year-old mind.

I read that book as a kid too (a gift from the grandfolks)--and that scene of the couple aging and running ultimately into their graves (from #395 I think) was some heavy-duty stuff for my 6-year-old mind.

(thumbs u

Yep...it was cool and freaky for kids' stuff. Still is!

Batman #244: After Bats #232, this is THE Ra's Al Ghul cover and story! Awesome Adams cover and interiors. I just upgraded this one courtesy of our own October (thanks, Andy!), so grab it cheap!

Fine. Looks slightly better, but there's a bit of ncb wear that doesn't show in the scan. Still a good looking copy for the $$!

$25

ON HOLD!

Batman244.jpg

Sub-Mariner #8: Subby vs. Thing! Buscema! Iconic black cover! What's not to like?!?

Fine/Fine+. Flat, tight copy w/VERY nice interior paper (ow/w). Presents very nicely for the grade and price! :)

$28

ON HOLD!!!

Sub-Mariner8.jpg

Captain America #111: Steranko! (obviously!) Probably my all-time favorite (late) SA book ever!

This was my reading copy, but I recently found a lower grade copy that does the job just as well, so it's time for this one to go to a new home.

Nice VG.

$12

PRICE REDUCED! -- $10

Cap111.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #129: First appearance of skull-guy. :grin:

Fine+. Very solid and presentable for grade. Nice gloss on both covers, very small tear at the lower rhc on the back cover.

$160

PRICE REDUCED! -- $150

ON HOLD!!!

Spidey129-a.jpg

Spidey129-b.jpg

(thumbs u

Yep...it was cool and freaky for kids' stuff. Still is!

Same here... practically stole that hardcover collection from the local library as I had it checked out for years it seems.

Actually, it also saved a friend's brother from dropping out of high school. I toted the book along one time and went out to play and when we came back in, he was reading it (apparently something he hated doing). He asked if he could borrow it as he wanted to finish. After he returned it, his mother phoned mine to let me know that he'd started reading voraciously.

Ah... the power of comics...

Batman #244: After Bats #232, this is THE Ra's Al Ghul cover and story! Awesome Adams cover and interiors. I just upgraded this one courtesy of our own October (thanks, Andy!), so grab it cheap!

Fine. Looks slightly better, but there's a bit of ncb wear that doesn't show in the scan. Still a good looking copy for the $$!

$25

Batman244.jpg

:takeit:

Batman: From the 30s to the 70s (and the associated Superman volume) gave me my first exposure to comics at about age 8. Read it so much the stories are permanently ingrained. That said, amazing how sophisticated the 70s stories were (including 'Tec 395, Batman 217 ("One Bullet Too Many") and Superman 233.

$25

:takeit:

(thumbs u

Sub-Mariner #8: Subby vs. Thing! Buscema! Iconic black cover! What's not to like?!?

Fine/Fine+. Flat, tight copy w/VERY nice interior paper (ow/w). Presents very nicely for the grade and price! :)

$28

Sub-Mariner8.jpg

Can't....resist....any....longer.......colors too.....bright............ :takeit:

$28

Can't....resist....any....longer.......colors too.....bright............ :takeit:

(thumbs u Thanks!