• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- If yew can reed it then watts da problem???

291 posts in this topic

I generally like taking the time to look over my posts for grammatical errors before hitting the submit button, but I am one of those crazy people who prefers to NOT look like a complete person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point when writing or speaking. Your mileage may vary.

(shrug)

Oh my friend, you are so NOT PC!

PM me your address and I will post a written apology to you...grammatically correct of course.

no need to apologize to me, just apologize to yourself

that suffice.

omg lol so FRIGGIN A-SAUCE. WATEVA I DO WAT I WANTS.

there's a limit to everything. if you can understand the person, then i think you should lay off a little. writing u instead of you doesn't seem like a big deal to me, i mean i dont think you're here looking to get a job from someone on these boards.

I generally like taking the time to look over my posts for grammatical errors before hitting the submit button, but I am one of those crazy people who prefers to NOT look like a complete person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point when writing or speaking. Your mileage may vary.

(shrug)

+1

The written word is the only way that one can communicate on this board. If you don't take enough time to properly convey your ideas, why should anyone consider them? Like it or not, your diction, grammar, spelling and other written conveyances communicate as much, or more than, whatever you are opining about to many people.

If you and I were together and I employed a rudimentary grunt and point communication style, I might get the point across, but you'd probably want to bust me in the mouth after twenty minutes. Ignoring the rules of written communication is analogous, to me anyway. :foryou:

Forget 20 minutes, that's what I wanted to do the minute I met you! :foryou:

And I didn't get to grunt or point. :cry:

omg lol so FRIGGIN A-SAUCE. WATEVA I DO WAT I WANTS.

there's a limit to everything. if you can understand the person, then i think you should lay off a little. writing u instead of you doesn't seem like a big deal to me, i mean i dont think you're here looking to get a job from someone on these boards.

Welcome to the world of Up-Tights!

:cloud9:

(shrug)

+1

+2

whateva, I don't worry about such things...

It's just weird that on such a lax topic like funny books that people

would take such pride in making sure everyone is 100% correct in grammar, spelling, or...

whateva!

honestly, I could give a sloppy chit!

(thumbs u

would take such pride in making sure everyone is 100% correct in grammar, spelling, or...

whateva!

honestly, I could give a sloppy wet chit!

(thumbs u

I wouldn't go out of my way to correct another member's grammar or spelling except perhaps if they had a sale thread.

I usually tolerate quite a bit of typos and such, but if a post is nigh unreadable then I won't stick around for the end of it.

I mean seriously folks are these boards about novels and high literature???

If not them why is every one so anal about people's diction,

spelling and grammar here???

I mean seriously does any one have the balls to say to Stan Lee

hey man it's really "enough" said!

So please stop being so wanna be anal some people's diction here.

and give it a much need rest, we are talking about funny books for christ sakes...

when we start talking about Hamlet and other writers that I could get a ratsass about then

please feel the need to make sure my writing is up to par...

rantrant:P

You can take ten seconds to write the sentence the right way, or you can sound like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I personally prefer to NOT sound like I flunked seventh grade English, but if you want to write "should of" or "I lost all the comic's", more power to you. You get to be one of the kewl kidz and not worry about silly stuff like sounding stupid and having people not take you seriously.

whateva!

(thumbs u

Seems like to me you worried enough about it to start a thread :shrug:

i post for fun. when i write to sell a story i take my time with it. if you take me weriously with problems with grammar or spelling cool. if not, you ain't payin me to post here so i quickly type up a response.

j

:( People never take me weriously.

i post for fun. when i write to sell a story i take my time with it. if you take me weriously with problems with grammar or spelling cool. if not, you ain't payin me to post here so i quickly type up a response.

j

:( People never take me weriously.

Wonder wiiee.

Are you reverting back to the pre-board vacation nerfherder? Sure sounds that way.

If you mean passive/aggressively starting threads asking for people's opinions on a subject and then posting over and over again how little he cares about the answers to his own topic, then I would say, "Yep."

whateva!

(thumbs u

Seems like to me you worried enough about it to start a thread :shrug:

Maybe it's my imagination, It just seems to be more people's focus these days Arex.

I don't really remember the Grammar police being such an issue when I first joined, now everybody is ready to

go into friggin' labor if every "t" isn't crossed and every "i" isn't dotted...

What fun is THAT??? Someone please tell me???

(shrug)