• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- If yew can reed it then watts da problem???

291 posts in this topic

I mean seriously folks are these boards about novels and high literature???

If not them why is every one so anal about people's diction,

spelling and grammar here???

I mean seriously does any one have the balls to say to Stan Lee

hey man it's really "enough" said!

So please stop being so wanna be anal some people's diction here.

and give it a much need rest, we are talking about funny books for christ sakes...

when we start talking about Hamlet and other writers that I could get a ratsass about then

please feel the need to make sure my writing is up to par...

rantrant:P

The written word is the only way that one can communicate on this board. If you don't take enough time to properly convey your ideas, why should anyone consider them? Like it or not, your diction, grammar, spelling and other written conveyances communicate as much, or more than, whatever you are opining about to many people.

If you and I were together and I employed a rudimentary grunt and point communication style, I might get the point across, but you'd probably want to bust me in the mouth after twenty minutes. Ignoring the rules of written communication is analogous, to me anyway. :foryou:

So please stop being so want-to-be anal about some people's diction here.

Fixed that for ya!

-Rob-

Is it supposed to be

Stop being Anal about someones Dicktion?

I mean seriously folks are these boards about novels and high literature???

If not them why is every one so anal about people's diction,

spelling and grammar here???

I mean seriously does any one have the balls to say to Stan Lee

hey man it's really "enough" said!

So please stop being so wanna be anal some people's diction here.

and give it a much need rest, we are talking about funny books for christ sakes...

when we start talking about Hamlet and other writers that I could get a ratsass about then

please feel the need to make sure my writing is up to par...

rantrant:P

Writing properly helps convey your meaning. As an example, you have used the word diction, which has to to do with the choice of words, i.e. little versus small. Perhaps this is what you meant, but I get the feeling that you are actually referring to spelling and grammar?????

Mike

The written word is the only way that one can communicate on this board. If you don't take enough time to properly convey your ideas, why should anyone consider them? Like it or not, your diction, grammar, spelling and other written conveyances communicate as much, or more than, whatever you are opining about to many people.

If you and I were together and I employed a rudimentary grunt and point communication style, I might get the point across, but you'd probably want to bust me in the mouth after twenty minutes. Ignoring the rules of written communication is analogous, to me anyway. :foryou:

^^

^^

(thumbs u

^^

^^ ^^

^^

^^ ^^

You know, "winner" is not spelled properly in the above emoticons.

-Rob-

I used to think it was just obnoxious old timers picking on newbies, but i have realized that this board is linked to a comic grading website, people here are looking for defects in comic books, differences between a 9.6 and a 9.8, if they weren't picky and obsessive they wouldn't be here.

I presume that they are like that in several aspects of their lives including posting 2c

when we start talking about Hamlet and other writers

Here, hear, their, there, they're is junior school stuff, come on! Hardly Hamlet now is it?

Oh, and Hamlet wasn't a writer, it was written by Shakespeare :gossip:

I generally like taking the time to look over my posts for grammatical errors before hitting the submit button, but I am one of those crazy people who prefers to NOT look like a complete person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point when writing or speaking. Your mileage may vary.

(shrug)

Wally, you should try just talking into your key board.

(shrug)

not really there is just so much more people could be doing with their lives.

I bet if you tried to "+1" or "fixed that for you" on the street

you'd get bum rushed!

Anyway it's just a rant that people are growing more and more anal here

on this chit!

IOWS - Get off my Diction!

:sumo:

Forget 20 minutes, that's what I wanted to do the minute I met you! :foryou:

I generally like taking the time to look over my posts for grammatical errors before hitting the submit button, but I am one of those crazy people who prefers to NOT look like a complete person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point when writing or speaking. Your mileage may vary.

(shrug)

Oh my friend, you are so NOT PC!

(shrug)

+1

(oK oK I'm sorry. I'll stop now.)

-Rob-

(shrug)

Oh my friend, you are so NOT PC!

PM me your address and I will post a written apology to you...grammatically correct of course.