• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik Donation/Auction Update

75 posts in this topic

I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support here in this community. If ever there was a silver lining in all of this, you and all of Nik's friends here in his "comic book world" have been it. I never would have imagined that my life would change so dramatically this summer, we had it all, and we loved life so much. Really, when I say "we had it all" we did. Three amazing children, great jobs, a Bar Mitzvah in the spring, and our trip to Greece with a "second honeymoon" - complete with child care. And of course, Nik had all of you.

I am so grateful to you all. Thank you.

Please, for Nik, play hard, have fun, and order dessert! Hold your children close and never stop telling them how much you love them. We can't hear it enough.

Tracy

That's very nice to read and so sad at the same time.

Thank you, Tracy.

Andy

I am just blown away by this whole thing and like many have said, I'm proud to be a part of this community. (worship)

Reading Tracy's words made me tear up and want to hug my kids.

I read her words after my kids were fast asleep and I had to sneak into their rooms and give them one last kiss goodnight. No one knows what tomorrow brings, I don't want to miss any chance to show them that I love them.

This can be an amazing place when the chips are down.

C

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, I believe no one could have said it better. No one owes me a thank you for anything. It was the very least I could have done and an honor to be involved.

Jim, you said what I have been trying to put into words the entire time. I'm glad we could help, I wish we had a magic wand, but we didn't, so it the least we could do.

DITTO!

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, I believe no one could have said it better. No one owes me a thank you for anything. It was the very least I could have done and an honor to be involved.

Jim, you said what I have been trying to put into words the entire time. I'm glad we could help, I wish we had a magic wand, but we didn't, so it the least we could do.

DITTO!

:hi:

DITTO!

:whistle:

DITTO!

:whistle:

Sup Pimp.

Just found this thread...and I too am blown away by the total amount raised. It just goes to show what people can accomplish if they band together.

Hard to read Tracy's words about having it all, but she sounds like a very strong person.