• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik Donation/Auction Update

75 posts in this topic

Just goes to show how kind hearted us comic geeks are :grin:..An amazing feat to say the least.

I am VERY PROUD to say Im a member of this group .Wish I could have met Nik ,an obviously well loved member of this online "family". Im sure his wife and kids will be blown away by this gesture...

WOW ..What great bunch of people we have here!! (thumbs u

Who would have thought we could have generated such an amount? Everyone involved should be proud of themselves. If nothing else, this is a testament to Nik's character and his love of collecting. He will be missed and he will be remembered.

What a great thing it is to be able to help someone out, as with Niks wife and kids. I never in my wildest dreams thought the boards would raise that kind of cash. Just goes to show you can never underestimate peoples good will, regardless of the little bickering and rock throwing that goes on here sometimes.

DRX

It is very heartwarming to see the kind of outpouring that went on in the last month pertaining to Nik's illness and passing. Whether it was someone running an auction, someone donating an item, someone bidding on an auction, someone winning an auction, someone making T-shirts or simply someone just saying a kind word, it really makes me feel good knowing that there is still a lot of goodness in a lot of people. :applause:

Everytime we watch the nightly news, you have to sometimes let it go in one ear and out the other or everyone would get depressed just hearing about all of the bad stuff going on in the world today. And the overall economy has affected almost everyone of us in one way or another. Some of us are now unemployed, some of us have had our hours or pay cut and almost all of us have probably had to cut back on spending in some fashion. :P

But it seems like everyone just ignored all of their own problems for awhile and decided to band together and do something totally outstanding for a fellow comic geek and his family. The amount of money raised is amazing, yes. But everyone on these boards should be very proud of not just what they've donated monetarily but simply because they did something good for a fellow human being and his family.

Major, major kudos to all of you who participated in whatever you did for this cause. It's simply stunning.

As you sow so shall you reap!

I think Nik lived his life by that motto! In the 7 years Nik was on these boards and within the comic community he built up a lot of goodwill. He was just a truely good person at heart and he shared that with us and I was glad to know him if only through an internet forum.

It has been almost one month since his very last post, and he is sorely missed. All of you did good! Andy, Sharon, Dan and many others were inspirational during this time. My hat goes off to you and to this whole community!!! You were all amazing!

This is awesome in so many ways! (worship)

I wanted to burn my 6000th post on something worthwhile and here it is! Absolutely Awesome! Someone complained awhile back in a thread how much the word awesome is mis-used and mis-appropriated...well, here's a case where it is completly appropriate and completely justified!

So glad to be a part of helping nik's wife and family which helped ease the shock and the loss, even though I only knew nik through PMs and the deals we had done. And we are all in deep appreciation for Andrew, Sharon, Doc Watson, Kenny, and all the other in-front-of the scenes and behind-the-scenes people who helped with all of this not to mention each and every one who donated and put forth condolences...

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

What a wonderful group of people we have here ! I'm greatful to be a part of you all. Niks wife is never gonna believe this......nor will she ever forget. If its a surprise.......I know she is gonna break down and cry when you hand her over a check for that amount, and tell her the what, how and why of it. I'd kinda like to hear about how that senario plays out if its not too much to ask. If its not a surprise she is probably speechless. As far as I'm concerned.....she doesn't have to say anything to us. She doesn't owe us a thing, and she doesn't have to come here and make any speeches.

I didn't win any auctions, but I'm happy to have been able to give a little towards this fantastic total. God Bless You All !!

What a wonderful group of people we have here ! I'm greatful to be a part of you all. Niks wife is never gonna believe this......nor will she ever forget. If its a surprise.......I know she is gonna break down and cry when you hand her over a check for that amount, and tell her the what, how and why of it. I'd kinda like to hear about how that senario plays out if its not too much to ask. If its not a surprise she is probably speechless. As far as I'm concerned.....she doesn't have to say anything to us. She doesn't owe us a thing, and she doesn't have to come here and make any speeches.

I didn't win any auctions, but I'm happy to have been able to give a little towards this fantastic total. God Bless You All !!

Indeed.We just want to know that she and the kids are ok.

Mike :foryou:

What a wonderful group of people we have here ! I'm grateful to be a part of you all. Niks wife is never gonna believe this......nor will she ever forget. If its a surprise.......I know she is gonna break down and cry when you hand her over a check for that amount, and tell her the what, how and why of it. I'd kinda like to hear about how that scenario plays out if its not too much to ask. If its not a surprise she is probably speechless. As far as I'm concerned.....she doesn't have to say anything to us. She doesn't owe us a thing, and she doesn't have to come here and make any speeches.

Nik's wife has been receiving the money as it comes. She has been given two payments with at least one more payment to come once the final monies are collected.

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, I believe no one could have said it better. No one owes me a thank you for anything. It was the very least I could have done and an honor to be involved.