• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con Jan 24th Forum Luncheon or Dinner

98 posts in this topic

if anyone sees the following books at the show, please give me a shout with the contact info:

ASM #21 in cgc 8.5 or better

JIM #103 in cgc 9.2

BATMAN #208,237 in cgc 9.4

Wonder Woman #178,179 in cgc 9.4

thanks...any info leading to a purchase will result in a free cgc 9.6 book. thumbsup2.gif

An FF 1 in 9.6 I hope! laugh.gif

An FF 1 in 9.6 I hope!

sure...volume 2. devil.gif

Oh well, I can open a new 0 feedback account on eBay and put up a scan so small nobody can tell the difference and... devil.gif

But you guys in here would catch me... frown.gif

27_laughing.gif

Who's game for the Big Apple Con on Saturday January 24th?

If interested, please post your preference as to lunch or dinner and your food choice.

Should be a good show!

Edit: if a mod can make this a sticky thread I would appreciate it. Thanks,

--

MICHAEL CARBONARO'S

BIG APPLE COMIC BOOK, TOY & ART SHOW

Big Apple Conventions kicks off its 2004 season with a spectacular show

Saturday and Sunday, January 24 & 25 at in its new home The Penn Plaza

Pavilion.

Headlining a full slate of guests will be David Carradine from the hit movie

Kill Bill: Volume 1 and television series Kung Fu. Joining him on both days

will be TV¹s Incredible Hulk Lou Ferrigno, Cindy Morgan of TRON and TRON 2.0 ,

and René Auberjonois from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will make an appearance on Sunday.

More than a dozen stars from the comic book industry will also be in

attendance, including New X-Men artist Ethan Van Scriver; Daredevil artist

Alex Maleev; popular inker and creator of 21 Down and The Monolith Jimmy

Palmiotti ( Saturday Only ) ; Formerly Known As The Justice League artist Kevin Maguire and

legendary Thor artist Walter Simonson (Saturday only).

More than 100 Dealers selling, trading, buying your favorite stuff!

Comics, toys, original art, anime, DVDs & Videos, non-sports trading cards,

TV & movie memorabilia, YUGI-OH!, video games and more!

ANIME THEATRE & Exciting New Film Trailers all day Saturday & Sunday

The Penn Plaza Pavilion is ideally located at 401 7th Ave. & 33rd St. across

from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden in New York City

Admission is only $8.00 each day. Kids under 12 are FREE when accompanied by

an adult.

For more info, please call 1-201-865-3288 or e-mail

www.BIGAPPLECON.COM

--

I may be in. It's a busy weekend trip to NY for me (mother's b-day, a bris, and another family event), so I'll have to plan. What was the decision, lunch or dinner?

Man, am I psyched, the Penn Plaza is the site of some of the best cons of my childhood, a nice scalping incident before seeing David Bowie in 1984, and other great memories from my past. Should be fun.

bumped from page three!

Excellent Bump!! So far it looks like we have the following forumites in the house:

Mr. Woo

Rocketeer

RedHook

Buena Vista??

Delekkerste

Phantom??

Foolkiller

Donut (dinner)

Silverandbronze??

Shadroch

me

I can do both lunch and dinner so if anyone can't make the lunch but can make the dinner that's totally cool too. I think there should be a good crowd at both (and of course everyone is welcome for both).

As of right now let's aim for a high noon lunch at Virgil's. Virgil's is located at

VIRGILS BARBECUE

152 W 44TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 921-9494

seemingly right at the intersection of 7th and Broadway.

If you guys can just replly to this post if you are in and also if you would be in for a dinner too that would be great and I'll make a reservation (if they take them) on Friday.

Looking forward to this!

DAM

Yeah,eating lots of ribs and BBQ sauce is certainly the way to go. Then we can rush over and manhandle Bob and Vinnys best books.I'm up for luch and hopefully dinner. Maybe we could have an adjustment period in one of the fine Irish bars that premeate the area,Blarney Stone,Blarney Rock,Blarney Rubble,ect....

I could go for a nice Brazilian dinner.

As of right now let's aim for a high noon lunch at Virgil's. Virgil's is located at

VIRGILS BARBECUE

If you guys can just replly to this post if you are in and also if you would be in for a dinner too that would be great and I'll make a reservation (if they take them) on Friday.

Looking forward to this!

DAM

I'm in! Mmmm bbq'ed baked beans for breakfast!! Don't crowd me at the show later, it won't be pretty. shy.gif

carmines might work if we were looking for a place for six months from now. I'd be surprised if they would take a reservation for ten or so on this Sat. night.It'd be great if we could get someplace with a semi-private room so we could socialize a bit.

carmines might work if we were looking for a place for six months from now. I'd be surprised if they would take a reservation for ten or so on this Sat. night.It'd be great if we could get someplace with a semi-private room so we could socialize a bit.

I'll think of some place good once I get more of a head count for dinner (and lunch) . . .893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

I'll think of some place good once I get more of a head count for dinner (and lunch) . . .893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

Hey DAM,

If it's OK with you, count me in for both, but I might have to bail on one or the other depending on what happens with the family stuff that weekend.

DAM

Hey DAM,

If it's OK with you, count me in for both, but I might have to bail on one or the other depending on what happens with the family stuff that weekend.

Unfortunately I am now OUT - that evil thing called a JOB raises its ugly head. Philadelphia May 22!

Unfortunately I am now OUT - that evil thing called a JOB raises its ugly head. Philadelphia May 22!

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said the "J" word!!!!!!!!!!!!! How come the filters didn't pick it up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry to hear that FD frown.gif I'll see you in Philly,

DAM

Guys - I want to make a reservation for lunch at Virgils. If there is a maybe next to your name please confirm with me either on this thread or via a PM.

Mr. Woo - yes

RedHook - yes

Buena Vista - yes

Delekkerste - yes

Phantom - maybe

Foolkiller - yes

Silverandbronze - maybe

Shadroch - yes

Captain Tripps - yes

HooDeeDoo - - maybe

High noon lunch at Virgil's. Virgil's is located at:

VIRGILS BARBECUE

Thanks guys! Saturday should be a BLAST!! cloud9.gif

DAM