• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most rare Atlas titles?

14 posts in this topic

As a collector of Atlas high-grade books, they are all hard to find. 893frustrated.gif

It seems that there are very few CGC books in VF or better that aren't from a pedigree collection. As you probably know, PCE had alot of the White Mountains but as you also probably now know, most of their NM or better turned out to be CGC VF to VF/NM. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

You actually had a few for sale I wanted but just couldn't pull the trigger.

One of the old Overstreet Price Guides (late seventies) front cover (and main article) deals with the Atlas implosion and I believe has a list of all the titles (when they started and when they ended). If you don't have a copy, I will try to provide the information.

i know about the horror, but not the other genres so much. The horror is weird because the toughest issues run in drips & drabs throughout the titles. Tougher than any others i would say are Strange Tales #17, 18, Amazing Mysteries #31, Journey into Fear #2 & 5 & the 1st two marvel tales (i can't remember numbers right now, its too early!) I have a hunch though that some of the western & war are near impossible.

I consistently sell Combat Kelly and Combat Casey (pre-Code books) in mid-grades for double Guide. Some of those books are just spectacular. I have lots of Atlas books in lower grade.

I was incorrect before.

Overstreet Annual Price Guide #22 has a great article on Atlas. It even shows the months published of all the Horror / Sci-Fiction titles from the early 50's to the late 50's including the two months in 1957 that nothing was published (and Stan Lee had to let most of staff go).

WAR COMBAT ran for only five issues in 1952. It's RARE and obscure. It took me three plus years to find a fine copy of #3 . I just recently upgraded to a VFplus copy of #3. My Fine copy of # 3 is for sale if anyone is interested. Please send me a PM if you are interested. I've attached a copy of the Fine # 3.

Bye the way I'm new and think this is a great forum.

589a8ba90f33f_364149-warcombat3.jpg.3d308049fc9c2fa1dc581b2141375e25.jpg