• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: HG 1st to market COPPER/MODERN slabs, straight from CHI_TOWN!!!!

97 posts in this topic

This is just the stuff Brad got graded, you should see his show stock...

#1 person I run to in Chicago and try to spend every extra minute with his stuff. If you are a modern collector, bring a drool cup...

#1 person I run to in Chicago and try to spend every extra minute with his stuff. If you are a modern collector, bring a drool cup...

:acclaim:

:acclaim:

Brad's booth is so cool by the time I left I was almost convinced I needed to buy rare Amythyst Princess of the Gem World price variants.

Yes, the booth is that good.

I figured by now at least a few of these books would be gone. Just an incredible thread of books.
Indeed! (worship) It's sort a nice to know someone else on the boards can't sell comics worth a darn! (However I must admit his comics blow my comics sells threads out'a the water!) :cry:

It seems like people just don't realize/appreciate how hard some of these books are in high grade (shrug)

Take the Miracleman #23, for instance. This is a book that hardly ever comes up for sale - has been hot forever (because of the tiny print run & Gaiman's popularity) - and there are still only 4 CGC 9.8 copies in the census. Two of those copies are in the top 2 Miracleman registry sets, so they aren't going anywhere - which just leaves this copy & another one in play.

This ain't GI Joe #21 - you're not going to see 10 new CGC 9.8 copies in the census every time it's updated - and seeing that Brad's copy is priced $300 less than the one on comiclink, it's a friggin' great deal.

I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I didn't have a 9.8 copy already. :sumo:

I guess times are REALLY tight right now (shrug) . I have tried to price the books fairly based on GPA and level of difficulty to obtain in grade. If they dont sell here, I suppose I will wait a bit before placing them up again for sale elsewhere. Worse case scenario, they will end up on my new website this Winter hm , but most likely not at these prices ....

I guess times are REALLY tight right now (shrug) . I have tried to price the books fairly based on GPA and level of difficulty to obtain in grade. If they dont sell here, I suppose I will wait a bit before placing them up again for sale elsewhere. Worse case scenario, they will end up on my new website this Winter hm , but most likely not at these prices ....

The boards just aren't the best place to sell slabs, ironically enough. EBay seems to be tops for modern CGCed material.

Great books, Brad. Nice to see that you made at least one sale with the ASM 300. Should be more, as your prices seem really fair to me.

The boards just aren't the best place to sell slabs, ironically enough. EBay seems to be tops for modern CGCed material.

Great books, Brad. Nice to see that you made at least one sale with the ASM 300. Should be more, as your prices seem really fair to me.

Should be a bunch more.. :wishluck:

A lot of the Copper freaks on the Boards are a cowardly and superstitious frugal and cautious lot. These are top census Copper mega-keys. Take 'em to the 'Bay and get paid. I'll be rocking back forth, telling myself that my 9.4s and 9.6s are still OK . . .

Should be a bunch more.. :wishluck:

lol

Keep pushing forward, Chris. I'm sure a deal will close soon. :wishluck:

i would love to take about 2-4 books off his hands, but i would need to do payments as theirs no way i can do that amount in 1 shot

it was not a hot idea for me to get my cry for dawn 1 in 1 shot, but i did anyways, and have to recover now bc of it

I'll second that, Brad's stock clearly indicated an advanced knowledge of what is truly HTF as far as Coppers and Moderns go. He had some sweet books that you just don't see every day. And he was kind enough to pass on a good deal on a small stack of books. (thumbs u :applause:

In terms of moderns, there's almost nobody I've ever met more knowledgeable than Brad -- this is a guy everyone in the modern market should tap into. Incidentally, don't sell yourself short Jon, you definitely have a wealth of knowledge on moderns too.

In terms of moderns, there's almost nobody I've ever met more knowledgeable than Brad -- this is a guy everyone in the modern market should tap into. Incidentally, don't sell yourself short Jon, you definitely have a wealth of knowledge on moderns too.

Thanks Bri :blush: . And you are correct, Jon is a very sharp, mildly attractive man with funnybook smarts up da wazoooo :banana:!!!!