• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA player Danny Granger wants to build his own batcave

5 posts in this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Danny-Granger-s-Batcave-plans-hit-a-snag;_ylt=AsraOE8WqB5Nxg0EsM7Sm628vLYF?urn=nba,184350

Last December, BDL contributor Nick Friedell confirmed a report that Pacers' superhero-lovin' small forward Danny Granger was building a hidden cave under his Albuquerque, New Mexico house like Batman. Yeah, it sounded nuts. But it was true then and it is true now — though it's not going as smoothly as he hoped.

Today we learn, via Indy Cornrows, that "Grangerman" has been forced to tweak the design of his secret lair a little bit. His Joker, Penguin and Riddler? The state of New Mexico. Apparently, that sick underground tunnel entrance Granger wanted to put in doesn't really conform to evil state building codes.

After the jump, Granger discusses The Batcave with Scott Stiegler of 770 KKOB AM in Albuquerque.

Stiegler: All right, I need a very important update here: How are things going with The Batcave?

Granger: (laughs) Everybody asks about The Batcave. I'm meeting with my designer today at four. So after the camp I'll meet with him and we'll speak. It's coming along. It's taking more designing than we thought, that's something that takes awhile, so you know, I'll keep you updated on it.

Stiegler: What is the plan? What is the time frame?

Granger: The time frame? To build the house, we've got the land already. Probably a year and a half until it's all completed and done, because it's such a big project [...] it is so intricate. It'll have so many unique things in it, so it will take some time.

Stiegler: All right, as you were kind of developing this thing, what did you add or what did you take out because they either said, it's not possible or hey, we could do this.

Granger: [...] I wanted an underground tunnel entrance. I had to take that out. I found out there's so many state codes and laws against that (laughing) so we had to take that one out. But we still have the underground thing going on and I mean I've got cars and things that turn my cars and I even got sort of like a moat thing going on so it will be interesting to see.

This is why Superman builds alone.

Why doesn't he just buy a missile silo? There's some for sale in New Mexico already. Save a lot of headaches.
I'd love my own missile silo. There just soooo big and have a ton of empty space to display things! :cloud9: