• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chamber of Chills 19 Cleaner Scan now posted!!

23 posts in this topic

It's the best scan I have for now. It look's like color loss/rub near the cigarette. I will be getting a better scan up ASAP. Thanks. Part of the white is artwork. But the rest looks like color rub/fade..{?} I don't have the book in hand yet. The BC has no major flaws.

Judging from the pix in the listing the book would be around a 7.0 without the white speckling.

The listing describes "light humidity evidence" - if the speckling is a color pull due to some sort of moisture damage the book would be closer to 3.0 IMHO.

I know this is generally an over guide book due to the cool cover - but I don't know enough as to what FMV is.

I have talked to another dealer about this book.. The humidity damage is very minimal. He said the right edge was 98% from rubbing/wear. He list's book's as best as he can. The dealer I talked to said this seller was a very accurate grader and honest to boot. I took a small chance I suppose. Once the book is in hand. I will let you know what I think about that right edge. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

I have seen other books this seller has graded and sold. He has always been pretty accurate. But I told him I had some reservations about the right edge. No problem he said. if you don't agree with the grade. return it for a full refund, no problem. I have been collecting way too long to be "screwed" by anybody or dealer.

Just how have I been "screwed" as you put it? Every book I have gotten from these delaers has been at a very good deal. I have also agreed with there grades as well. The one book I posted you called a 3.5 Everybody dis agrees with your opinion of the book. So just who is grading wrongly? It isn't me, the dealers, my nephew, fellow board members. That's for dang sure!!

Plus the fact of you not knowing where I am getting these book's. I will put my grading ability up against yours any day of the week. Too bad you missed Nik's{RIP} grading contest. Yuu would of learned quite a bit I'm sure.

It looks like a 5.0 - 5.5 but I would have to see the back for a better asessment. This is a awesome cover, I love it! That's about what my X looked like when I viewed her through my Bud light beer pitcher, and the more I drank the worse it got, when it was supposed to have the opposite effect.

I thought the specks off the right was part of the art.

A 3.5 grade is what I'd say as well. That moisture/water damage with paper/color loss is pretty severe. I can see going as high as a 4.0, but 5.0 seems like a stretch to me. But hey, it's still a great book!