• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #16 9.4 Doug's Grand Auction?

17 posts in this topic

I wanted to start a new topic, rather than add this to the thread already going about Pedigree's Grand Auction.

I am not posting about critiquing Doug's comic descriptions or him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm not critiquing any posters. Personally, Doug has gone out of his way to help me get so many of my higher end books in the pq I wanted. (hence, why I said what I said in my two DD and TOS set descriptions about his vast effort aiding me.)

Anways, I THOUGHT AVENGERS BOOKS WERE THROUGH THE ROOF NOWADAYS?! Especially key coveted issues like #16 9.4 ow/w paged books! I lost out on a 9.4 ow/w over a year ago that went for $6,000 and than recently that 9.4 ow/w at C-Links for $7,1000. Now this one goes for a record low of $4,700!!! And of course, I was not bidding on this one because I decided to spend my money on other books at Doug & Joshs' because I thought I would lose yet again! :frustrated:

What a steal! (in my eyes at least) Congrats to the buyer if your a boardie! (worship)

I'm totally kicking myself and very jealous of you! But very well done! :golfclap:

Seems a fair price. In 2008 the difference between a 9.2 and a 9.4 was about 1.5x - if you take the most recent 9.2 and extrapolate, it comes out to just under $4500.

$4700 means the prices have moved comparatively in those grades, especially when you take into account the ratio of 9.4/9.2 in the census has only slightly changed within that timeframe. In 2008 there were 6 9.4's and 10 9.2's (a ratio of 3:5). Now, 8 9.4's and 14 9.2's (a ratio of 4:7, or to compare the two ratios, 3:5 in 2008, 2.9:5 in 2009). It should also be noted one more 9.6 has appeared in the census since.

Seems a fair price. In 2008 the difference between a 9.2 and a 9.4 was about 1.5x - if you take the most recent 9.2 and extrapolate, it comes out to just under $4500.

$4700 means the prices have moved comparatively in those grades, especially when you take into account the ratio of 9.4/9.2 in the census has only slightly changed within that timeframe. In 2008 there were 6 9.4's and 10 9.2's (a ratio of 3:5). Now, 8 9.4's and 14 9.2's (a ratio of 4:7, or to compare the two ratios, 3:5 in 2008, 2.9:5 in 2009). It should also be noted one more 9.6 has appeared in the census since.

Thank-you for the input. I always love your data on books. I appreciate it obviously on this one.

I learned on this book, odds are I need to quit trying to buy it at auction! doh!

but then, I guess a 9.0 is worth $900 or so. lol

Now the real interesting thing is to see how this translates -- if at all -- to the rest of the people who have way overpaid for some of these books... but this is exactly the problem with some of these "inflated" prices.

Obviously, I was one who didn't. I was thinking it would go for AT LEAST $7,500 this time around. Especially since those other Avengers books (granted many were in 9.6) were getting insane "movie hype" bids I feel for some. Maybe not though. Easily could be a case of

"Avenger Fever!" :banana:

Silver Surfer & hockey&comicsguy, I concur 100%, one of my all time favorite Covers!