• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question please..

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, sorry for all the questions I've been asking, I'd figure it would rather be safe then sorry. I did a search and found no information and I searched google, but this question must be too simple to answer hehe.

Question is: I have a chance to by a Raw TOS 39, the only real defect I see is that it has a Spine split abut 1" on upper and bottom part of the spine. How does CGC grade or how many points does it knock it down?

Also, where does marvel chipping follow under in CGC's guide lines?

thanks guys

ON the contrary your question is not too simple but too difficult. Without seeing the book(s) in question it is impossible to say. CGC hits very hard on spine splits and chips. If your book has multiple one inch splits and chipping I think we are talking a very low grade book, perhaps 2.5 . FYI, CGC does not publish their guidelines.

hey bob thanks for the info, cool thats all I wanted to know. The book, like I said, has a 1" split on the top and bottom, but has no marvel chipping. The cover is pretty clean. I'm just debating if I should buy it or not for what its worth.

The other book, I was going to buy, has marvel chipping but no Spine splits.

hmm...the great debate haha