• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Golden-Age Canadian Books ("Whites")

31 posts in this topic

Quick ask for some advice.

As a rule, I am not a comic seller. I buy what I want and hoard it away - let my heirs figure out what to do with all my odds and ends.

I have a pretty meagre collection of Canadian Whites and am having challenges locating many more. Possibly due to the fact that the area I live in was a very small city back in the 40's. So I either have to pay a huge premium or simply cannot find them.

At any rate - I've decided to focus on a representative title from each company. In my case, I will collect "Freelance" from AA, and try to get some books from Bell and Maple Leaf to create an incomplete, but enjoyable Canadian collection.

The result is that I have some "sellers" to try and liquidate.

What advice would you guys give me in this regard:

- Should I sell these as "lot's" by title on eBay?

- Should I get them CGC'd and sell them?

- Should I look at an auction house like Heritage or ComicLink

The deal is that most of the "later" issues are less likely to sell quickly, while the earlier issues probably have a good market. I'm interested in selling the lot.

(I also have a Weird SuspenseStories #1 that is CGC 4.0 - I paid a slight premium for it as I really was planning on making an EC run, but also changed this plan to Ducks. I'd take a hit on that one if anyone can come close to what I paid - which was $2400 Canadian)

Here's the list of books:

Canadian Comics:

Spy Smasher #2 (B&W)(1942)

3 Aces Comics #2 (B&W)

3 Aces Comics #3 (B&W)

3 Aces Comics #6 (B&W)(JUNE cover)

3 Aces Comics #6 (B&W)(JULY cover) (#7)

3 Aces Comics #52

3 Aces Comics #52 (Library of Congress Copy)

3 Aces Comics #53

3 Aces Comics #54

Robin Hood Comics #32

Robin Hood Comics #34 (2 Copies)

Grand Slam #3 (B&W)

Grand Slam #7 (B&W)

Grand Slam #9 (B&W some cover chips)

Grand Slam #41 (still B&W)

Grand Slam/Three Aces #44 (2 copies)

Grand Slam/Three Aces #45

Grand Slam/Three Aces #46 (3 copies)

Grand Slam/Three Aces #47 (2 copies)

Grand Slam/Three Aces #48

Grand Slam/Three Aces #49 (2 copies)

Grand Slam/Three Aces #50 (2 copies)

Grand Slam #51

Grand Slam #52

Grand Slam #53

Grand Slam #54

Grand Slam #55

Grand Slam #56

Thoughts?

I thought of that, but the goal is to sell the groups of each title. Does that fly in these parts?

As well. I have zero idea of what to ask for these books. In my case, I got a good deal on the early issues, but probably over-paid on the later ones - so I'd like to at least come out even on the group.

I guess I could just ask - would anyone here like to make me an offer on the books? Just PM me I guess and we can go from there. I'd like to sell them all.

(the Weird SuspenStories not included - that would be separate)

Okay on both!

I'll start scanning tonight and post them up here.

I guess if I look at an average over all the books I would say $3300 for the lot.

I'll start scanning and posting.

Sorry. No cards that I see. Some sharks, some Mounties, and some planes! (so if you mean aerial aces - maybe). From your signature, I'm thinking you are into the playing card aces though ;)

* and want to avoid any sharks and Mounties!

Where are the Super Comics issues I need (shrug)

Ha! YOU know ME better than that :)

I think I deferred a Super Comic 6 months ago and still regret it. IF I am ever lucky enough to get my hands on those I will add them to the hoard.