• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I Get...

108 posts in this topic

I need to get the hook up with someone who has a need for thousands and thousands of old electronic tubes and has money to burn..

*Sighs* I am having trouble starting my website..I keep paying and paying for it but can't get it up and operational so I can make some money off it. It's really lame. On the one hand I could drop it lose a cool name and logo..

I just have so many different items to sell. And I lack decent organizational skillz..

I need to get the hook up with someone who has a need for thousands and thousands of old electronic tubes and has money to burn..

*Sighs* I am having trouble starting my website..I keep paying and paying for it but can't get it up and operational so I can make some money off it. It's really lame. On the one hand I could drop it lose a cool name and logo..

I just have so many different items to sell. And I lack decent organizational skillz..

What's the problem with the website?

I have so much stuff. Basically a barn,three storage units and a house packed to the rafters.

So say I have maybe oh..a rough estimate 9,000 vacuum tubes. old throwback electronics and appliances like manglers to vibraphones . Then I have comcis of course. We have magazines, ephemra,action figures,old toys, MOTU, GI Joe, Barbie. Hoards of glassware,costume jewelry,board games,marbles, vintage clothing, vintage gaming.

I mean it really is an over abundance of EVERYTHING. A-Z we probably have it somewhere.

Soooo how do I present this on a website. My best bet would be to concentrate on a theme like say "Comics and collectible toys"

Then where would I sell all the fishing lures and pottery?

I can't think of a way to attractively market more than a few items at once.

THEN there is shipping. I am not given many options there.

I can ship by flat rate per item. Which would mean that say a 1950's TV lamp that weighs 15 pounds) would have the shipping cost of a button or vice versa (15 maybe TV lamps kitsch and maybe several thousand buttons.)

OR I can ship by weight and offer either priorty or UPS. I don't always send everything either way.

Or I can ship say $5.00 for every $5-10 in items $8 for every $10.01-$15.00.

I really like to be able to ship by weight but sending a vintage pair of earrings for $6.00 or a button for $6 is ridiculous.

I also have had no luck making any sense out of Google Ad sense..