• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugly Graded Comic of the Day - 1/13/04

3 posts in this topic

I am drooling! Just as there are guys who detest supermodels and pursue the larger gals - BUF - there needs to be thread for those who like the not so purty books. So bring on the brittle, brown/yellow pages, the chewed on by rats and bugs, the water damaged, the burned, the bug swatters, the coffee stained, the chipped and torn! They should wear their defects proudly - as badges of character! They say" I was not owned by some creepy, anal retentitive liabrarian in 1960 who guarded his 10 cent investment like I was gold and never read me." These books have lived - they have been read and read and read - and used to hold coffee cups and crush insects and line bird cages. They are nothing like those pompous, prissy 9.6s with their near mint plus elitism! I think I have inspired myself to sell all my nice books and pursue a run of 1.8s so i can be truly humble.

I am drooling! Just as there are guys who detest supermodels and pursue the larger gals - BUF - there needs to be thread for those who like the not so purty books. So bring on the brittle, brown/yellow pages, the chewed on by rats and bugs, the water damaged, the burned, the bug swatters, the coffee stained, the chipped and torn! They should wear their defects proudly - as badges of character! They say" I was not owned by some creepy, anal retentitive liabrarian in 1960 who guarded his 10 cent investment like I was gold and never read me." These books have lived - they have been read and read and read - and used to hold coffee cups and crush insects and line bird cages. They are nothing like those pompous, prissy 9.6s with their near mint plus elitism! I think I have inspired myself to sell all my nice books and pursue a run of 1.8s so i can be truly humble.

That's beautiful, man.

Beautiful.