• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Comiclink waive the "grading test" for people selling pulps ???

7 posts in this topic

I was always under the impression a person had to pass a grading test to sell raw comics on Comiclink.

Is this test requirement waved for people selling pulps?

Because I don't understand how the seller of THIS PULP can grade it a 4.0 when it is missing 1/3 of the back cover, and front cover is beaten up too.

Well, to be honest, you grade pulps differently than you do comics. You should check out the Bookery's Guide to Pulps. No Near Mint, Very Fine is the highest grade attainable, Fine is the highest grade in the guide and generally probably relates to a VF comic.

That being said, I wouldn't call it a 4.0 either.

I agree that it's over graded - but one thing I noticed several years ago when I was buying pulps, is that a missing back cover wasn't as deadly on a pulp as it was with a comic when it came to pricing. A VG looking pulp with no back cover would often sell for the same price as a G with a back cover.