• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 1-62 High Grade Raw Complete Lot! * SOLD *

36 posts in this topic

This is my first raw comic sales thread here on the boards, so let's kick it off in style with a bang: :banana:

Offered here is a complete high grade 1st print raw run of the incredibly popular Walking Dead #s 1-62 by Image Comics partner Robert Kirkman.

This is the black and white zombie movie that never ends. Often shocking, never boring, Kirkman frequently leaves us with unexpected cliffhanger endings.

I am not the original owner of these books. Putting together this collection was a labor of comic book collecting love that spanned about 3-4 weeks.

Some books came from Mile High (overpriced and overgraded IMHO), others were from MyComicShop, and the rest came from eBay sellers.

The letter columns are great in these comics also, providing foreshadowing and insight that the graphic novel purchasers are missing out on.

I individually graded each of these books. 49 books are in NM- 9.2 or better. Average grade for all 62 books came in at 9.15, but some of the 9.6 copies are undoubtedly 9.8s, so let's say average for the run is NM- 9.2.

The best grade I assigned is 9.6. 9.6 is the maximum I ever assign a raw book of mine for sale, even if it looks flawless.

Here is the breakdown by book:

9.6 - 16 books

9.4 - 15 books

9.2 - 18 books

9.0 - 7 books

8.5 - 2 books

8.0 - 2 books

6.0 - 1 book

5.5 - 1 book

01 - 9.2 - 2 spine ticks, very minor wear BBC, ULFC.

02 - 9.6

03 - 9.4

04 - 9.6

05 - 9.4

06 - 9.2

07 - 9.4

08 - 8.5

09 - 9.4

10 - 9.0

11 - 8.0

12 - 9.4

13 - 9.4

14 - 9.2

15 - 9.6

16 - 6.0

17 - 9.0

18 - 9.0

19 - 9.2 - 1st Michonne

20 - 5.5

21 - 8.0

22 - 9.2

23 - 9.2

24 - 9.6

25 - 9.0

26 - 9.4

27 - 9.6 - 1st Governor

28 - 9.2

29 - 9.0

30 - 9.4

31 - 9.4

32 - 9.6

33 - 9.2

34 - 9.6

35 - 9.6

36 - 9.4

37 - 8.5

38 - 9.2

39 - 9.2

40 - 9.2

41 - 9.4

42 - 9.4

43 - 9.2

44 - 9.6

45 - 9.6

46 - 9.4

47 - 9.2

48 - 9.0

49 - 9.6

50 - 9.6

51 - 9.4

52 - 9.0

53 - 9.6

54 - 9.6

55 - 9.6

56 - 9.2

57 - 9.2

58 - 9.2

59 - 9.2

60 - 9.4

61 - 9.6 - 1st Chew in preview

62 - 9.2

What kind of grader do I consider myself? CONSERVATIVE! I know, every seller on eBay claims that and 90% are completely clueless when it comes to grading comics. I am primarily a collector and there is nothing worse than getting burned by a terrible overgrade on eBay. I have been there many times like

most of you have, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Here is a point of reference on my raw grading:

I participated in the "Classics Inc. CGC Grading Contest" earlier this month at Wizard World Chicago. I had to grade 30 books in 30 minutes, then the books were turned over to CGC for grading.

I overgraded only 3 (8.0 mine 7.0 CGC, 6.0 mine 5.5 CGC, 8.5 mine 8.0 CGC) and either was right on or undergraded the other 27 books. So if you consider CGC grading the industry standard, odds are you are getting a conservatively graded (probably undergraded by CGC standards) comic when you buy from me. I was also first place in the contest for predicting page quality. I hereby declare that all of these books have CGC white pages!

If someone buys this lot and is not happy with these books for any reason, I will refund all costs including return shipping. I don't expect any disappointment though.

The first I'll take it :takeit: wins the lot. PMs are welcome with questions/offers, but don't sleep on this one as I don't expect it to last past the initial BIN.

I accept PayPal Personal (please add 3% for regular PayPal), or Check, Money Order both of which must clear before I ship the books.

Free Priority bomb proof shipping in the US. I'll need to get a quote for international. Of course all of these books are bagged and boarded.

Asking well under my original cost for the books and getting them shipped to me from various sellers:

$650.00 :news: SOLD! to bubbagump

The following photos were taken on Friday 8/28/09 on my bedroom carpet:

WD 1-5

WD 6-15

WD 16-25

WD 26-35

WD 36-45

WD 46-55

WD 56-62

Photobucket

I'm rarely impressed by modern offerings but this is an impressive set and you do NOT see this offered very often this way.

Thanks for the kind words fool. That means a lot coming from someone of your stature here in the community. (thumbs u

Guys,

Yes I am new here. I have purchased from 13 (lucky number?) boardies so far since arriving, including one high dollar slab. References available upon request. Someone buy this nice set of in demand books! :popcorn:

I can vouch for him.

He bought a nice high dollar slab from me, with no problems whatsoever.

Best,

Chris

Guys,

Yes I am new here. I have purchased from 13 (lucky number?) boardies so far since arriving, including one high dollar slab. References available upon request. Someone buy this nice set of in demand books! :popcorn:

I can vouch for him.

He bought a nice high dollar slab from me, with no problems whatsoever.

Best,

Chris

Chris,

Great meeting you and thanks again for the incredible Adams slab, and the reference here! (thumbs u

Just wondering, whats your time frame on this for selling? Gonna go on ebay?

Pep,

I would prefer avoiding eBay. I am actually a lot more comfortable here in this community. Dealing with the regulars is easy and low stress. I will give this at least a couple weeks.

Time payments available. Commit now and pay over time if that is what's stopping someone from pulling the trigger. :gossip:

Pep,

I would prefer avoiding eBay. I am actually a lot more comfortable here in this community. Dealing with the regulars is easy and low stress. I will give this at least a couple weeks.

Time payments available. Commit now and pay over time if that is what's stopping someone from pulling the trigger. :gossip:

i would do love to do time payments for about 4-5 issues (2, 3, 4...maybe 1), but that's all i'm really interested in. as seen by my sig, i only need a few books to complete my run.

Pep,

i would do love to do time payments for about 4-5 issues (2, 3, 4...maybe 1), but that's all i'm really interested in. as seen by my sig, i only need a few books to complete my run.

I would be interested in 1 or 2 of the first 4 issues. Funds just won't allow me to pull the trigger on the entire set.