• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are eBay SELLERS I.D.s now hidden as well?

11 posts in this topic

I suspect that is the seller's true ID. Why one would choose that is beyond me, but I still see other 'normal' ID's when I search.

I see other "normal" user names as well, but I suspect it is more due to the fact that this is a recent change and hasn't worked its way through the system yet. As new items get listed the change will slowly take effect and by the end of the year you'll have no idea who you are dealing with.

or it could just be paranoia (shrug)

I suspect that is the seller's true ID. Why one would choose that is beyond me, but I still see other 'normal' ID's when I search.

I see other "normal" user names as well, but I suspect it is more due to the fact that this is a recent change and hasn't worked its way through the system yet. As new items get listed the change will slowly take effect and by the end of the year you'll have no idea who you are dealing with.

or it could just be paranoia (shrug)

Ebay is changing so rapidly these days who knows what the corporate goobs are thinking. :insane:

...noticed the seller was "j**r***a"

Obviously not his real user i.d.

That is his real i.d. and it appears he did it that way on purpose.

Check his latest feedback where he was the winner of an auction.

Look at the list of bidders in that auction and you'll see where eBay tries to scramble his user i.d. and ends up simply displaying it as "*****" with no letters appearing in it.

Maybe eBay will be over taken by Disney as well?

:eek:

Roy,

That might be a GOOD thing. Getting rid of all of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons currently running eBay sounds like a great idea to me! (thumbs u

Clicked on THIS AUCTION and noticed the seller was "j**r***a"

Obviously not his real user i.d. And if you click "view other auctions" nothing shows up. Is this more anonymity helping to build the eBay community?

One step closer to death. . .

It's his real user id.

Clicked on THIS AUCTION and noticed the seller was "j**r***a"

Obviously not his real user i.d. And if you click "view other auctions" nothing shows up. Is this more anonymity helping to build the eBay community?

One step closer to death. . .

It's his real user id.

paranoid :sorry:

Maybe eBay will be over taken by Disney as well?

:eek:

Well Ebay is a real Mickey mouse Operation!

They make real Goofy Decisions!

Makes me Daffy enough to want to move to Pluto.

No one will give me the money. They are all Scrooges

Ebay is really goofy..for sure..I just don't understand their desire to move away from what made them what they are.

Over 10 yrs i have been selling over there and they decide us small timers aren't good enough.

They are catering to buyers?Why because buyer pay them fees?

No! They fee me coming and going and then they reach around into my pocket and try to get more when I'm not looking. I pay Ebay to list and sell, then I pay PayPal. Then I have to wait on pins and needles hoping I don't get a charge back or unhappy person. puke.gif

Seriously if it weren't for the fact I do make money it would just be too much hassle.

I had a buyer want to leave negative feedback because a piece of my hair got caught in the tape on the OUTSIDE of the box. I tried to explain my hair is seriously long as it gets. Sometimes a stray hair gets caught in a piece of tape. What is the deal? I didn't put a hair in the box, my cat didn't cuddle up with his book. I had to offer him a discount while he twisted me threatening a neg over a piece of hair. I couldn't neg him back and point out what a insufficiently_thoughtful_person he was. notallthere.gif

The keep trying to fix something that isn't broken. Instead of catering to the people that actually pay them money, they hurt the sellers instead. I just don't get it!