• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Some Pulps

83 posts in this topic

Let's see if these move here. I am selling some pulps out the door since while Four Colors aren't expensive, they aren't totally free :P

Shipping will be extra. I am flexible on how to ship and will work with you.

First up: Marvel Science Stories April - May 1939, last issue. Front cover and spine are Xerox. Back cover is original. Paid $18 for it. Price $15.

85219.jpg.6fcd322faead5977d859c17e48dac9e1.jpg

Shadow - 2nd June 1935 - Love this cover. Didn't know when I bought the book but the front and back cover have been reinforced by gluing the first wrap to the cover. Doesn't affect any stories - Spine 90+% complete - $40 -

85223.jpg.2cc11b3dc2f52abc364c606a36039c37.jpg

Black Book Detective - May 1941 - $15 -

Thought the Russians were our allies in '41? Cool cover!

Very cool. (thumbs u

The US didn't become an ally of the USSR until the summer of '41, when Germany invaded Russia. (See also the cover of Young Allies #1 from that summer, where Stalin was removed from the final cover art right before the book went to press.)

Actally not so much. They had signed a non-agression pact with Germany and were staying out of WWII. They were not part of the allied group until the Summer of 1941, several months after that pulp was published.

I fact, in the famous "eraser" from Young Allies #1 (summer 1941 issue), Stalin was removed from Hitler's side on the cover because the Soviets went from being feared pseudo enemies to allies almost overnight.

Very cool. (thumbs u

The US didn't become an ally of the USSR until the summer of '41, when Germany invaded Russia. (See also the cover of Young Allies #1 from that summer, where Stalin was removed from the final cover art right before the book went to press.)

Your fast on the keyboard Point Five...you made both my points while I was typing. You, sir, are the MAN!