• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite Banned Forumite

377 posts in this topic

Oh, and I thought Major Khaos was pretty funny when he wasn't picking on people.....

He was banned? :o Khaos was my arch-nemesis. :slapfight:

He's still here. I think you guys should lego of the past.

:roflmao:

Oh, and I thought Major Khaos was pretty funny when he wasn't picking on people.....

He was banned? :o Khaos was my arch-nemesis. :slapfight:

He's still here. I think you guys should lego of the past.

It took a while, but leopards don't change their spots, permanently. Just don't tell 'Trooper.

Brad's posting style changed the last year he was on the boards. He seemed very unhappy with the direction that the whole pressing/disclosure discussion was going in, and some of his posts became very personal.

I see the same thing happening currently with someone else on the boards, and hope that things go better for him than it did with Brad.

Awww, come on. Everybody hates vague comments. Name names. :baiting:

Does he post regularly?

And does his new name start with an "s"? :gossip:

Let me try that again:

I think you and Khaos should lego of the past.

I enjoyed Luxx, aka Sharpshooter too and the occasional visit by DannyD.

It's too bad that, along the lines of what has been said in the probation disscussion thread, that some banned users couldn't be allowed to perform some sort of community service that CGC, the ultimate J J & E would find worthy of granting a probation for. A watercooler type probationary sandbox forum where they would be restricted to posting would also help keep them easily policed during that time period :idea:

Yeah, I know it has no chance in hell since there is probably no upside for CGC and only a minimized downside but I thought I throw it out there anyways (shrug)

Does he post regularly?

And does his new name start with an "s"? :gossip:

Let me try that again:

I think you and Khaos should lego of the past.

Where's there a Magneto helmet when you need one?

Speaking of Comics Corral, I do miss CHARLTONGUY. He had some good posts..not sure why he was banned...

He was simply too anti-CGC in his posts. A shame, cause he's hillarious and seems like a very nice guy. I really enjoyed seeing him here. If given enough time, I truly believe he would have leveled right out, and been a great poster.

(thumbs u ... he still posts elsewhere though. :grin:

Start posting about your favorite banned Forumite...

Hadn't thought about any of them much.

But thanks for the opportunity to pad my post count :hi:

Thought you were going to say Sho Nuff fo sho :jokealert:

Since Sho can't be here let me just say he "couldn't be funny if he lit himself on fire and fell down three flights of stairs into a box of roman candles". meh

:signfunny:

Redhook. He is very passionate about the hobby, and I still dont really understand why he was banned.

Are you saying you just don't remember or that you never saw what got him banned, or that you disagreed with it? I don't know specifically what got him banned--I'm guessing three strikes--but he earned a few of the strikes I saw. He'd get into heated debates, take things personally, completely fly off the handle for a brief period of time, and start flinging some rather venomous personal attacks. I always hated seeing him do that, as his presence was really valuable around here. :sorry:

I really dont know .

In addition to a history of strikes, his banning came as the culmination of a very specific and rather ugly episode/adventure that left a lot of Forumites' mouths agape. I don't know if the thread still exists and don't feel like searching.

Wasnt it something involving an action 1? I thought it was in the GA forum, but dont remember what the deal was?

You're thinking of bluechip. Don't think he's been banned

Red used banned forumite Dad&Son in an attempt to sting banned forumite and all-around-dillhole Goonchild through a fake-but-quickly-pulled eBay auction. The auction in question was for a mislabeled CGC book, which Red hoped to entice Goonchild into buying. The plan was for Goonchild to then resell the book without disclosing the mislabeling, something I believe Red had accused Goon of doing in the past. I don't recollect the specifics about this last bit, so apologies if I've misremembered anything

Goonchild had trimmed an EC book (he came here on the boards and proudly stated as much) and CGC mistakenly put in a Universal holder. Steve Borock offered to rectify the situation once Goonchild went public with it, but he would have none of that. He had no problem selling that book, without full disclosing what he had done to it, as unrestored. Understandably, this evoked the ire of Brad (Redhook) and many other boardies.

Redhook. He is very passionate about the hobby, and I still dont really understand why he was banned.

Are you saying you just don't remember or that you never saw what got him banned, or that you disagreed with it? I don't know specifically what got him banned--I'm guessing three strikes--but he earned a few of the strikes I saw. He'd get into heated debates, take things personally, completely fly off the handle for a brief period of time, and start flinging some rather venomous personal attacks. I always hated seeing him do that, as his presence was really valuable around here. :sorry:

I really dont know .

In addition to a history of strikes, his banning came as the culmination of a very specific and rather ugly episode/adventure that left a lot of Forumites' mouths agape. I don't know if the thread still exists and don't feel like searching.

Wasnt it something involving an action 1? I thought it was in the GA forum, but dont remember what the deal was?

You're thinking of bluechip. Don't think he's been banned

I remember that now. Bluechip and Silver Age Gus I believe..

Brad's posting style changed the last year he was on the boards. He seemed very unhappy with the direction that the whole pressing/disclosure discussion was going in, and some of his posts became very personal.

I see the same thing happening currently with someone else on the boards, and hope that things go better for him than it did with Brad.

Awww, come on. Everybody hates vague comments. Name names. :baiting:

hm

:idea: