• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite Banned Forumite

377 posts in this topic

Redhook. He is very passionate about the hobby, and I still dont really understand why he was banned.

Are you saying you just don't remember or that you never saw what got him banned, or that you disagreed with it? I don't know specifically what got him banned--I'm guessing three strikes--but he earned a few of the strikes I saw. He'd get into heated debates, take things personally, completely fly off the handle for a brief period of time, and start flinging some rather venomous personal attacks. I always hated seeing him do that, as his presence was really valuable around here. :sorry:

I really dont know .

In addition to a history of strikes, his banning came as the culmination of a very specific and rather ugly episode/adventure that left a lot of Forumites' mouths agape. I don't know if the thread still exists and don't feel like searching.

Wasnt it something involving an action 1? I thought it was in the GA forum, but dont remember what the deal was?

You're thinking of bluechip. Don't think he's been banned

I remember that now. Bluechip and Silver Age Gus I believe..

Thems the ones. Bluechip was selling an Action 1 that clearly had (amateur) color touch (among other resto) that he failed to list in the eBay auction description. He, deservedly, took a beating in the GA forum over that book

Red used banned forumite Dad&Son in an attempt to sting banned forumite and all-around-dillhole Goonchild through a fake-but-quickly-pulled eBay auction. The auction in question was for a mislabeled CGC book, which Red hoped to entice Goonchild into buying. The plan was for Goonchild to then resell the book without disclosing the mislabeling, something I believe Red had accused Goon of doing in the past. I don't recollect the specifics about this last bit, so apologies if I've misremembered anything

Goonchild had trimmed an EC book (he came here on the boards and proudly stated as much) and CGC mistakenly put in a Universal holder. Steve Borock offered to rectify the situation once Goonchild went public with it, but he would have none of that. He had no problem selling that book, without full disclosing what he had done to it, as unrestored. Understandably, this evoked the ire of Brad (Redhook) and many other boardies.

Goonchild was possibly the most unpleasant, immoral individual these boards have ever seen...and that's saying something!

That Red wanted to bring him down is understandable...although he made some seriously mistaken choices regarding how he went about it.

He should have got a month-long vacation, but politics played a part and the opportunity to rid the boards of a thorn in CGC's side was grasped with both hands.

Brad perpetrated a victim-less crime and was banned.

Comic Supply had committed a number of crimes, but remains, and it's his victims and their supporters who are threatened with expulsion. doh!

Red used banned forumite Dad&Son in an attempt to sting banned forumite and all-around-dillhole Goonchild through a fake-but-quickly-pulled eBay auction. The auction in question was for a mislabeled CGC book, which Red hoped to entice Goonchild into buying. The plan was for Goonchild to then resell the book without disclosing the mislabeling, something I believe Red had accused Goon of doing in the past. I don't recollect the specifics about this last bit, so apologies if I've misremembered anything

Goonchild had trimmed an EC book (he came here on the boards and proudly stated as much) and CGC mistakenly put in a Universal holder. Steve Borock offered to rectify the situation once Goonchild went public with it, but he would have none of that. He had no problem selling that book, without full disclosing what he had done to it, as unrestored. Understandably, this evoked the ire of Brad (Redhook) and many other boardies.

Goonchild was possibly the most unpleasant, immoral individual these boards have ever seen...and that's saying something!

That Red wanted to bring him down is understandable...although he made some seriously mistaken choices regarding how he went about it.

He should have got a month-long vacation, but politics played a part and the opportunity to rid the boards of a thorn in CGC's side was grasped with both hands.

Comic Supply had committed a number of crimes, but remains, and it's his victims and their supporters who are threatened with expulsion. doh!

Thats about how I see it as well. Red didnt actually do anything wrong (here) per se. But he was banned anyways? Seems kind of ridiculous.

It seemed to me at the time Brad was almost relieved to be banned.As if the weight of being the ultimate authority on scan doctoring was wearing him down.Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Thats about how I see it as well. Red didnt actually do anything wrong (here) per se.

Yea, he did. I doubt that one incident was the sole reason for the banning, I'm pretty sure he had two strikes before that. I can't really remember much except him rather irrationally lashing out in all directions, effectively BEGGING for a strike, when one of them came. I'm sure they looked at the history when the ban came.

Thats about how I see it as well. Red didnt actually do anything wrong (here) per se.

Yea, he did. I doubt that one incident was the sole reason for the banning, I'm pretty sure he had two strikes before that. I can't really remember much except him rather irrationally lashing out in all directions, effectively BEGGING for a strike, when one of them came. I'm sure they looked at the history when the ban came.

If I rember he had 3 strikes in the calender year.

I'll be the first to sign the petition: CLEMENCY FOR REDHOOK!!!

SECONDED!!! :wishluck:

VETOED!!! :makepoint:

Why? (shrug)

The moderators are not going to allow it and therefor it's a moot point.

A note from the Mods:

No Appeals Process for Suspensions, and Bannings: In order to maintain a vibrant, safe and fun place for discussion, we do sometimes have to suspend or ban a member. These moderator actions are taken after careful consideration and our best efforts to conform to our stated policy and practices described here. We do acknowledge that board moderation is a human process, and disagreements are natural. In order to moderate effectively and efficiently, as a matter of policy, we do not accept appeals to rescind or otherwise lessen the severity of a suspension or banning. We may occasionally make changes to our own actions due to an internal review process, but the actions will not be open to direct discussion with the moderators. Generally these moderation actions ARE FINAL in order to avoid any sense of inconsistency in follow up.

Start posting about your favorite banned Forumite...

Hadn't thought about any of them much.

But thanks for the opportunity to pad my post count :hi:

Thought you were going to say Sho Nuff fo sho :jokealert:

Since Sho can't be here let me just say he "couldn't be funny if he lit himself on fire and fell down three flights of stairs into a box of roman candles". meh

You've never been more wrong. It's a sad, sad day.

You missed the humor. Sho 'Nuff said that to Bedrock last year.

:roflmao:

Yes. The rapier wit of ShoNuff! His exchanges with Shad were the best, though. Plus wasn't he the one that wrote the diatribe about the "CGC Game?" I have to bust out the search function.

Like I need an excuse to pull this one out again:

shadroch: Let me know the day BEFORE amnesty is going to be given.

ShoNuff: Easy there, Shadroch...amnesty isn't something you can eat.

Thats about how I see it as well. Red didnt actually do anything wrong (here) per se. But he was banned anyways? Seems kind of ridiculous.

No, he didnt do anything wrong other than try to run a scam on another board member because he was tired of "getting GR books taunted in his face"

If any other board member did that they would have been crucified and banned. but somehow Brad gets a pass?

Oh, and ask Kenny where his property is at the moment. You know, the one that Brad effectively stole from him.

Why? (shrug)

A note from the Mods:

No Appeals Process for Suspensions, and Bannings: In order to maintain a vibrant, safe and fun place for discussion, we do sometimes have to suspend or ban a member. These moderator actions are taken after careful consideration and our best efforts to conform to our stated policy and practices described here. We do acknowledge that board moderation is a human process, and disagreements are natural. In order to moderate effectively and efficiently, as a matter of policy, we do not accept appeals to rescind or otherwise lessen the severity of a suspension or banning. We may occasionally make changes to our own actions due to an internal review process, but the actions will not be open to direct discussion with the moderators. Generally these moderation actions ARE FINAL in order to avoid any sense of inconsistency in follow up.

That little ditty was written into law after Scott_Schechter pulled a dickmove on Foolkiller.

Why? (shrug)

A note from the Mods:

That little ditty was written into law after Scott_Schechter pulled a dickmove on Foolkiller.

Steps have been taken to prevent things like this from happening again.